Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2015, 07:55 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 10,737,395 times

Advertisements

Glasses? Isn't it the 21st century? LASIK or Contacts, get that lip blocker off your mug.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 08:15 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ7 View Post
Glasses? Isn't it the 21st century? LASIK or Contacts, get that lip blocker off your mug.
Some days are simply not contact days. Stinging, burning eyes. Dry air due to extreme cold.

I am not a good candidate for LASIK. So it's contacts on most days, but glasses on non-contact days and most weekends.

YOU don't like it? Too bad, so sad - not my problem.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:16 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Isn't recommended for every one, I'm afraid.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:15 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
I have worn glasses for most of my life. After all the sorts of frames that hide my eyes, I have chosen lenses with out frames for the front, with nice earpieces on the side. I like that look for me.

Choosing glasses frames is a very personal thing. There is no one right answer.

Old 01-01-2015, 10:26 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Glasses can be cool. Wear them like an accessory. There are some brands that specialize in wild designs, multi-colored frames, all kinds of creative stuff. Get jiggy with them!

Old 01-01-2015, 10:52 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
As others have mentioned, contacts and laser surgery aren't viable for everyone. And some people prefer the look of glasses, as well (myself included). I wore my contacts exactly twice in the past year...once for my wedding, and once for another formal event. Upon seeing photos from both, I can't help but note how much I prefer how I look with my glasses than without.

Old 01-02-2015, 12:46 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,648,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Do you think "rimless" glasses are more attractive on people than those w/ frames?
Yes, absolutely.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:29 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
As mentioned by some, you need to consider your face shape and colors that are most flattering for your skin tone. It has been said what is best, depending upon your face shape being "Oval, Square, Round or Heart" shaped. Since my face is "Oval", I can get away with a few, but have gone with more squarish or oval metal frames and not heavy-looking plastic frames, which would be too overpowering for me. I could get away with a smallish, rimless frame, but am told they are useful for a more minor prescription.

Some may choose a frame that is a "new style", yet it may not be flattering to their face, but this is similar with clothing or hairstyles. Just because something is a popular, doesn't mean it works for everyone. I will notice someone (not that I want to judge, but I have an artistic eye) and think "Oh, they could use more height in their hair" or "They would look better with shorter hair away from their face", or that a clingy skirt may not be best on a woman with hips, but an A-line would work. Or a guy with fine, thin hair that wants to wear his hair long, totally transforms himself when he cuts it into shorter layers, making him quite handsome. (I recall Oprah used to have some good makeover depictions on her show). Anyway, good luck and happy optical shopping!

Old 01-02-2015, 02:58 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Have never liked them. reminds me of schoolteacher types.. and Ive needed glasses since very young and hate them.. maybe as an accessorry they might seem cool when your older with all the nice frames, but when you have thick lenses they never look cool...

Old 01-02-2015, 07:16 AM

4,232 posts, read 6,910,410 times
glasses very much depend on the person. I wear contacts 90% of the time, but I have two pairs of glasses for the days I want to give my eyes a break or when I'm wearing an outfit that glasses would look good with. Both of my pairs are thick rimmed plastic and they work well for my face and my style but they are not for everyone. Same goes for something like rimless. They look good on some people but look terrible on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty