Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 05:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,473 times

Advertisements

The dreaded Leggings and crop tops or short tops, people fell to realize it is really not appealing, to look at someones jingling behind..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2015, 05:58 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Wife and I agreed on this one. The trend not too long ago, with the ladies shirt-tail hanging out. They even made sweaters/vests with the shirt-tail sewn to it to make it look like it was un-tucked and hanging out. Wife thinks this is just a sloppy look. I have to agree.

Schmattas!

Old 02-11-2015, 06:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

... ALWAYS be sure your toes are cute. In our family, this means well manicured and preferably polished toenails....

I have six little granddaughters between the ages of 12 and 3. Nearly every time they come over, we have a mini pedi session. I want to thoroughly brain wash them before they reach elementary school - "Feet must be cute"[/url]

Old 02-11-2015, 10:46 AM

2,062 posts, read 2,550,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
There are so many ugly trends in fashion these days I don't know where to begin! Which popular trends do you wish would vanish?

I HATE the "hipster" look! There is nothing new about wearing your parents old flannel shirts. They were ugly then and ugly now! And why spend over $100 on ugly ripped jeans? And what is up with guys and buns/chignons? I mean he could have the face of grizzly bear with the bushiest beard you ever seen but the tightest little bun on the back of his head?

What trends bother you the most?
When are young men going to realize it is not cool to wear your pants down below your butt with all of your underwear hanging out then walking around like a penguin? It is also unsanitary . Does anyone want to sit in a chair any of them just got up from?

It looks terrible! When will the practice end?

Old 02-13-2015, 03:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Does something confuse you about my post about cute feet?

We live in the South - where it's sandal season for about 8 months out of the year. Just about any well bred southern woman will tell you that it's important for feet to be well maintained, which generally includes well cared for toenails and heels, that sort of thing. Even if you don't polish your toenails, you need to keep them neat and clean. The WORST is chipped polish. Either keep those puppies polished well, or remove all polish.

That's the rule.

Old 02-14-2015, 12:41 AM

897 posts, read 1,180,638 times
Grills, as in teeth grills. I wish it'd just poof. I can really appreciate any style, but this one confuses me. Who wants to make their teeth look like you have strange braces on? And don't they feel uncomfortable? I just don't get it!

Old 02-14-2015, 07:30 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,765,774 times
^^^ I have never seen them in real life, only on Hardcore Pawn.

Old 02-14-2015, 04:53 PM

8,071 posts, read 4,747,652 times
These huge headphones I see twenty-somethings wearing. Back in the 1960s and 1970s you saw people wearing these types of headphones (the first on the market, I guess), and airport workers wear them out on the tarmac to keep from going deaf. Only these are brightly-colored plastic and look incredibly flimsy/cheap, and typically make the person look like an idiot. I guess they're trying to look retro or hipster-ish, but again...idiot. A grown man with bright pink Hello Kitty headphones on is a desperate plea for attention. Or a wedgie.

Old 02-14-2015, 08:50 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
BRIGHT RED LIP STICK. It's so hideous on 99% of women that wear it. My fb always has these women (usually between 25-40) wearing it, along with too much makeup. I can barely handle caked on makeup, but I always have to fight the urge to comment when I see red lipstick
I love bright red stick on women

Old 02-14-2015, 08:59 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,848,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Lipstick in weird colors like green and blue.

Nail polish in weird colors like green, blue, black. Totally ugly.

Same goes for weird color hair. Chunks of red, purple, green - how is this attractive?

Long, ratty hair extensions on AA women. There's no way you're fooling anyone that that hair is real.

Ombre hair color on anyone. Used to be the dark on top light on bottom look was reserved for some women who tried going lighter, were letting it grow out, and were too lazy to dye the bottom to match the new growth.
White woman wigs and extensions too
My people has brainwash to think their hair is bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty