Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2015, 06:05 PM

21 posts, read 26,531 times

Advertisements

I have always used a rotary type electric shaver. To me they don't work that well. I always miss
places, because the razor does not pick up my bread hair very well. I wonder if a different type of
razor would help? In FL, in summer, with the humidity there is almost always some moisture on my
face. So, I don't use the electric in the summer. But, a new wet/dry type would eliminate that problem.

The price of electrics varies quite a bit. Like $30 to $250. I wondering how much to spend, to get a good
comfortable shave? And if spending more money will improve things. A blade shave gives me a better
appearance.

But, takes a long time, and I must hydrate my face first or the shave will be painful. Blades don't last
more than 6-8 shaves and those are the more expensive type (Gillette Mach3). So, cost begins to add up
after a while. Anyone have a suggestion on a good value for the consumer in an electric razor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2015, 05:19 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,633,109 times
I have a Panasonic rechargeable shaver. It is cordless. The cradle that you put it in when you're finished plugs into the wall outlet and creates a magnetic field. Inside the shaver, which is quite compact, there is a coil in which a current is induced that charges a battery in the shaver. It has lasted me about 10 years now and still shaves quite well. The cold conditions that we are currently in, plus its age, requires I keep it charging all of the time between shaves. Once upon a time I could go days between charges. It is a model ES4012. Don't know if they even manufacture them anymore....

Old 02-12-2015, 12:53 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,986,646 times
I started with Norelco and then moved to a Remington (both cordless)... honestly the Norelco (multiple rotary heads) did a much better job than the much more expensive Remington (I got the highest end model). I've since stuck with the Remington for the last few years "just because" it's paid for (and I've actually stopped shaving as of a year ago anyway).

Because of my experience I cannot recommend leaving the "rotary" headed razor behind. Whereas with the Norelco (which I used for years) I would miss some hairs on the first pass and follow-up with a second pass... the Remington would miss and miss and miss and sometimes I would just say to heck with it as my skin would get sore trying to get it to cut in certain places!

Old 02-13-2015, 07:46 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,160,302 times
The multiple rotary head Norelcos are good, I've been using them for more than a decade without problems. I used to also live in FL. If you're sweaty, try to cool down then put some baby powder on your face and shave with that; I did that in the summers back when I didn't have good AC.

Old 02-14-2015, 10:16 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
Question for the guys: electric razors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty