Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 10:03 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,614,461 times

Advertisements

If anyone ever sees me in this, please SHOOT ME and make sure I'm dead....
That outfit is FUGLY!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 10:08 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I know right. What do you do if you're well endowed? Let it hang out the bottom?
Just call my number and I will prevent you from having it hang out the bottom.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:02 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Maybe the purpose is to want us tear their funny clothes off.

I would have him naked in no time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Just call my number and I will prevent you from having it hang out the bottom.
Seems like at least one woman here is kind of turned on by this outfit, so maybe the designer is on to something.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:26 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
No, I just have a wild imagination. It seems like what's underneath that ridiculous outfit is worth unwrapping.

Old 02-19-2015, 11:54 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Uh...hells no! Sometimes I don't understand fashion shows. They tend to have people wearing clothing that no one, other than a runway model, would EVER wear.
Indeed. For a down-to-earth man like myself the whole fashion industry is one decadent absurdistan. I only wear basics, don't even have a tie or suit
If I wore something like that, I would have to fight off gay men all day long

Old 02-19-2015, 12:08 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Indeed. For a down-to-earth man like myself the whole fashion industry is one decadent absurdistan. I only wear basics, don't even have a tie or suit
If I wore something like that, I would have to fight off gay men all day long
LOL, dont worry, I'm gay and I hate it.

It is absolutely horrible that anyone can could even design something like that for a man.

Blech !!!

Old 02-19-2015, 12:17 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
LOL, dont worry, I'm gay and I hate it.

It is absolutely horrible that anyone can could even design something like that for a man.

Blech !!!
You're just not gay enough

A whole lot of fashion designers are gay, though. Maybe that has something to do with their creations

Old 02-19-2015, 12:38 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
uh,
Like Bulldogdad posted, I wear a KILT.
I am SECURE enough in my manhood to wear a KILT. Being of strong Scottish/Irish decent may help.
And ladies, they don't wear underwear under those!
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxihi;
It IS NOT a "skirt" and some of the men who wear them compete in some physical competitions that would put some other "manly sports" to shame.
Caber toss immediately comes to mind, a favorite, {basically tossing a whole entire telephone pole, hold it up on end-run forward-toss it in the air-and make it go end over end-just try it with just a 4x12 and see if you can do it.}, and the other celtic "heavy sports" {weight throwing etc.}.
Other men in Africa and the middle east wear long "caftans" {similar to a dress,I suppose} and no one argues with them, either.

HOWEVER, would I wear that thing? I am not sure its even a dress, with the slits in it. No. i am not into dresses.
A skirt, I would, {and NOT for those reasons either!}, as the KILT is QUITE COMFORTABLE, BUT not a dress.
THEse "high fashion shows", HOWEVER, are meant to make you "think outside the box", and THAT would be "outside the box"....for sure.
Those caftans look great on the right people! Oooh! And what about the sarongs on those Fiji guys?

Men definitely look great in...um...traditional non-skirts. "Traditional" is the key word. It excludes the get-ups in the OP photos.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:08 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,161 times
NO, NO, NO!

There was a story on our local (NYC) tv news the other night about what they were calling "the gender merge". In the teaser for the story, they were showing guys getting their nails done, and doing macrame or knitting or some crap like that. IMO, no self-respecting man should be getting a manicure, a pedicure, or doing needlepoint or anything like that. I'm not really crazy about the idea of men becoming nurses, either. There are just certain things that men should not do.

Old 02-19-2015, 01:46 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,303,143 times
LOL!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!

I agree with the first poster - "hells, no!"....

Funniest thing about that picture, is that the models look as embarrassed as they should be!

And I don't give a rip about gender-merging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty