Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:29 AM

419 posts, read 2,019,313 times

Advertisements

I am seeing more and more women who wear fancy high healed shoes even on weekend. They will wear these terribly expensive and uncomfortable shoes even when they are doing causal things outside. Are they slaves to fashion? They look so uncomfortable and it can not be helping their feet!

I am looking to hear from women who wear their high healed shoes pretty much all the time because they feel more fashionable or pretty in the shoes. Is it worth it. Please do not tell us that you are very comfortable in your high healed shoes because we will know you are in denial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 07:50 AM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Because we're masochists?

Some people do find heels very comfortable. To each their own.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:31 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
I can walk in chunky heels without much trouble. It's the stilettos that have me marching around like a soldier. Some people actually wear high heels so much that flats have become uncomfortable to them. I personally will never get to that point.

Last edited by yayoi; 01-10-2008 at 09:11 AM..

Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,630,992 times
I have never been able to wear high heels, they were alwasy far too uncomfortable and gave me backache. I think high heels can look good on women who know how to walk with them but so many seem to just totter , precariously looking as though they are about to tumble.

I much prefer flat soles, such as "ballet" pumps , comfortable and to my mind stylish too.
Being quite tall, I just look silly in them anyway.

Each to their own though !

I am sure those really pointy , lethal looking shoes that are so fashionable at the moment are causing umpteen medical problems though. Podiatrists and orthopaedic surgeons seem to really frown on them. It does give a shapely calf though. As women we are not always terribly practical I guess and the gain of better looks is worth the pain.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:28 AM

2,482 posts, read 8,733,641 times
Some people just enjoy the heels. It's not really that uncomfortable after you are used to it. It also depends on the shoe. I have some skinny heels that are more comfortable than my chunky-heeled boots, believe it or not.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:20 AM

1,887 posts, read 7,940,698 times
I agree- some heels are comfortable. I can wear a cute tank, great pair of jeans and strappy heels and I'm just fine. Speaking of heels being 'bad' for you, have you heard that flats are terrible for your feet, too? LOL I saw that on a show and I was beginning to wonder what's left for us to wear? I think they say that flats are bad for your arches and heels are murder on your spine...

Old 01-10-2008, 01:59 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Give me a girl in (negative heel) Earth shoes any day!

Old 01-10-2008, 02:52 PM

667 posts, read 2,300,983 times
Well, I am more apt to wear my strappy, uncomfortable shoes on the weekends to the mall, or on quick trips.

BUT I don't wear my super cute shoes to work, while some women do.

So, maybe this is what's going on. Women want to wear their cute shoes on outings instead of comfortable, casual wear, because they aren't able to dress up at work.

I dress up at work, but I wear my comfortable dress up shoes.

Now, wearing spiked heels while walking the dog, that's just a whole other issue!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:50 PM

4,343 posts, read 14,778,572 times
When I was in my 20's I wore them all the time and they were comfortable now in my 40's, I wish I could wear my slippers everywhere.

Old 01-10-2008, 03:59 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Not all heels are uncomfortable. For one thing I REFUSE to buy and wear uncomfortable shoes no matter how low or high the heel is. I've had more experience w/ flats being uncomfortable after a few hours of wear more than I have heels. But then I don't go for the super pointy toed high heel shoes either.

Second, being that I'm only 5'3" it is almost impossible to find pants and jeans that are short enough. Petite sizes are too short and even look too short w/ flats. Therefore I usually have just the mid length (a few and I mean a VERY FEW makers make jeans/pants in different lengths) and wear a higher heel. It helps lengthen my body too even though it might only be a 2"-2 1/2" heel and helps my pants and jeans fit better. Besides the best and easiest outfit a woman can wear and still look somewhat dressed up is a pair of nice jeans, a nice black top and a pair of heeled black shoes or boots.

Oh, and not until a week ago did I FINALLY find a pair of black and brown flats that I actually liked and fit good. The flats that were out this winter season looked awful. I'm not into the retro 80's flats that are out nor am I into some of the ballet slippers (those are uncomfortable on my feet) and I don't want grandma shoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty