Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 06:41 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,997,633 times

Advertisements

I agree...t-shirt materials (for women) sucks nowaday! Thin and clingy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 06:50 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,670,347 times
Made in San Francisco!

About Us | American Giant Clothing History and Information

Old 05-26-2015, 05:44 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,609,101 times
Looks like Duluth is a good one to try, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Any thoughts on where to get cotton T's that aren't long? I'm petite and don't choose/want to wear t's that are that long - from the pics. they look like better quality but all I can find now are LONG T's.
Flamingo, maybe Land's End would work for you? They are thick, but too short for me. You could also try buying petite. If all else fails, you could investigate having them shortened. Ask at an alterations place.

Old 05-26-2015, 06:38 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
This is what I was going to suggest. I have a few hoodies and they are the best hoodies I have ever owned. I like thick fabric though. The cut is probably much more fitted than Duluth Trading as well.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:26 AM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
I will, thanks ColonialGirl

Old 05-26-2015, 07:43 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,490,127 times
My wife orders all my tees from Lands' End. Their tees for guys have not yet become too thin. She wore one of mine while doing some gardening work, and commented on how nice they were. Then she ordered some *men's* tees from Lands' End, in her size (I guess men's small?) and really likes them! They are longer than women's, both in the body and sleeves, and don't shrink too much. Nice colors, too!

If you find Duluth's prices a bit steep, take another look at Lands' End...in the men's department!

Old 05-26-2015, 07:59 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,770,326 times
Odd.. I only wear tees to sleep so I like 'em longer and 'air-thin' which means washing them constantly to get that desired sheerness.
Guess my job will be getting easier.

Old 05-26-2015, 08:55 AM

299 posts, read 635,368 times
I used to wear Lands' End all the time for T-shirts and polos but the shrinking after washing even with just a few minutes in the dryer was becoming a problem, had to send them back but least they refund your money without a hassle. I think we'll try Duluth as we all tend to have a long torso in our family. I'm also considering L.L. Bean since I haven't bought anything from them for years. Anyone have recent experience with their quality of t-shirts and polos? Thanks!

Old 05-26-2015, 09:13 AM

2,441 posts, read 2,609,101 times
I'm putting my duluth order in now!

AKR, I bought a few LLBean things last winter. The quality was mixed, but some were fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
My wife orders all my tees from Lands' End. Their tees for guys have not yet become too thin. She wore one of mine while doing some gardening work, and commented on how nice they were. Then she ordered some *men's* tees from Lands' End, in her size (I guess men's small?) and really likes them! They are longer than women's, both in the body and sleeves, and don't shrink too much. Nice colors, too!

If you find Duluth's prices a bit steep, take another look at Lands' End...in the men's department!
Until men's tees are cut with a waist and bust and hips it will remain unacceptable for women to wear them and be taken seriously. We look sloppy and other women treat you differently because of it. Even in a T-shirt neatness counts.

Old 05-26-2015, 11:13 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,489,864 times
Also Gilden has heavier T's but I find them to be overly boxy. The plus is that they make them in tall sizes so I get them for under my work shirts so they stay tucked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty