Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 12:04 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

does anyone know a reliable way to tell if your stylist has gone on crack before they halfway butcher you and you're sitting there in the chair wondering where the hell you can hide until it grows back?

I got the best cut last spring...went back in the fall for another one and it wasn't long into it before I realized that the stylist had gone on crack.

It was the closest thing to a mullet I have ever had. Now I need a trim but I have been highly traumatized. We don't have a lot of choices where I live.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2008, 12:40 AM

2,628 posts, read 6,888,143 times
You could always ask... I would imagine it would go down something like this:

Metla: Hi, how are you?
Hairdresser: Oh I'm GREAT! Absolutely amazing!!
Metla: Are you on crack?
Hairdresser: No!! What would make you think that?!
Metla: The crack pipe you're holding.
Hairdresser: Do you want your mullet or not?

Old 01-20-2008, 12:42 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
LOL.

I am going to devise some sort of drug test that provides immediate results for crack which one can take with them to give to the stylist before the butchery begins.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:52 AM

893 posts, read 791,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
does anyone know a reliable way to tell if your stylist has gone on crack before they halfway butcher you and you're sitting there in the chair wondering where the hell you can hide until it grows back?

I got the best cut last spring...went back in the fall for another one and it wasn't long into it before I realized that the stylist had gone on crack.

It was the closest thing to a mullet I have ever had. Now I need a trim but I have been highly traumatized. We don't have a lot of choices where I live.

This seems to be the problem with 90% of hairdressers. Of that 90%, 45% can't even cut hair . Did you know they only teach like 3 or 4 haircuts in beauty school and from that they are to make their own changes to that cut for a different style. And you wonder why they don't get what you are talking about. A good hairdresser does NOT have to use thinning shears to fix the cut after it is down. Hair should fall in place short or long and should beable to grow for months and look good.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
I got a REALLY bad cut 3 years ago, it has taken that long to grow my hair out to fix, I finally just cut it myself right before xmas, its now blunt, below my shoulders, looks great, finally!

Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,237 times
I've been cutting my own hair for years, sometimes with the assistance of the DH to do the back. There are books available to show you how.

At least if you cut your own hair, and you just want a trim, you won't come out of it with 6 inches hacked off.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 AM

1,047 posts, read 3,989,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
You could always ask... I would imagine it would go down something like this:

Metla: Hi, how are you?
Hairdresser: Oh I'm GREAT! Absolutely amazing!!
Metla: Are you on crack?
Hairdresser: No!! What would make you think that?!
Metla: The crack pipe you're holding.
Hairdresser: Do you want your mullet or not?

Now THAT was funny! I got my laugh for the day! Thanks

Old 01-20-2008, 10:20 AM

625 posts, read 3,635,815 times
I got my haircut last year, it looked nothing like the picture I showed her but I was really sick and figured I was just being difficult. I frequently get a black rinse and I also go to my hairdresser for a relaxer every 6-8 weeks. In between the touch ups I go to her every other week to give me a wash and set. Needless to say "magically" my hair has become damaged and I have decided to start taking care of it myself. What is wrong with hairdressers???? Do they not know how to treat hair??? My hair was not damaged before but now you notice my hair is so damaged I should cut it??? How did that happen??? Why didn't you warn me??? I thought I was the only one who dealt with a problem like this. Now I am stuck with a haircut I no longer like, and I have to wash and deep condition my hair myself just to put the life back into it. Needless to say after I nurse it back to health I will either find a new hair stylist or just do it myself.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:49 PM

302 posts, read 922,175 times
Only person I let touch my hair these days is me. Last hairdresser that I went to burnt off a chunk of hair...at the top....it was two inches long....while the rest of my hair is butt length. It was hard to cover that up! It was rather disappointing, because the same woman had done such great work on my hair before.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:47 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,888,143 times
Last time I got a haircut, the woman didn't listen to what I said. She made me look like a member of the beetles!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty