Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 03:12 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times

Advertisements

I buy nothing whatsoever from Walmart, if I can possibly avoid it. The last thing I bought was something I couldn't find anywhere else, and that was at least five years ago.

It's not that hard to find bras, you know, and not that hard to find sales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 03:54 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,763,632 times
TJMaxx and our Maidenform outlet beat WM price and quality by a ton. I refuse to go to WM, haven't been in over six years.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:59 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,780,306 times
Bras are a hit or miss.

For me,I actually find that the bras from Victoria's secret fit me best. I'm a 36C and my girls IMHO are big enough. So while I'm not into padded bras, they do have a great line of lightly lined or unlined bras that fit me perfectly. My issue is that they are toooo expensive! So the only time I usually buy one is when there's a semi annual sale plus an additional coupon that I can use.

Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabartek View Post
They carry a cups but they dont carry smaller band sizes. Cups are only 1/2 of the equation. Band size is as important. I for one is most comfortable wearing 30DD which is non-existent regular retail stores. 32 bands are almost extinct in JC Penney unless you go to the teen section.

It is no wonder why many women, as much as 80%, are wearing the wrong bra size

To understand more about bras, check out ABraThatFits in reddit.
I know all about how a bra fits. I've been professionally fitted.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:01 PM

7,098 posts, read 4,823,070 times
My favorite bra right now is a black strapless/convertible that I bought a Walmart a few years ago.

Unfortunately I lost one of the straps so I can't wear it as a regular bra anymore. I wish I had a few more just like it!

Off topic --- it's pretty tough (or has been for me) to find decent replacement bra straps!! Anyone have suggestions?

Old 08-14-2015, 09:17 PM

3,125 posts, read 3,023,509 times
Walmart's bras seem to run very small. There is also minimal support, and they don't hold up well. Even though I do buy a lot of things at Walmart, I don't buy bras there. I prefer to get mine at Victoria's Secret.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:53 PM

148 posts, read 136,473 times
If they have mininal support snd donr hold up well, you are likely wearing too small a cup and too wide a band

Old 08-14-2015, 09:54 PM

148 posts, read 136,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I know all about how a bra fits. I've been professionally fitted.
I hope you did not get professionally fitted at VS

Old 08-15-2015, 01:34 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Huh??? Are American boobs different from other countries?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabartek View Post
American sizes are bigger in their size labelings and tend to make more sizes for bigger women

American bra bands dont make 28 back size. Theyre all 34 and above in regular retail. Youll have to go to expensive stores like Nordstroms to even get a 30 band bras that usually cost $80 or so

Euro brands have more diversity in back sizes and cup sizes
Quote:
I'm pretty sure they carry small bra sizes, no matter where you shop. 28 is definitely tiny though, so I can see having to special order those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Yup, I took to ordering from UK stores online for 28s. Euro sizing is more uniform, while US manufacturers all use different sizing methods (the worst of which is Victoria's Secret), and most use that gawd-forsaken +4 method of measuring.
There are a few key differences. And they show up after DD. I will not talk about how American brands size people, as it is irrelevant in this case.

1. American brands rarely manufacture bras past DD in the cup
2. American cups are smaller, so American K = UK H. Here is a handy chart
3. As noted above, American bands do not generally make bands lower than 32

I wear a 34H in UK sizing. So I need to read the brand really closely. Brands like Wacoal, who size American, don't fit though it appears that they carry my size.

** You might be surprised about how the band sizes line up for different women. When you hear about a celebrity like Kim Kardashian called a 34DD, that size is totally wrong. She is likely in a 28 band, if she was sized properly, and probably should be wearing roughly 28H. Sofia Vergara is likely a 28G, or perhaps a 26 band. Christina Hendricks should be in a 30 or 32 band, roughly 30H.

Old 08-15-2015, 02:20 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Ithcy and never have my size o f32 D
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty