Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 03:42 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I'm sure she thinks highly of her looks, which is why she is where she is now. I think it helps her image if she pretends that she's not impressed with her looks. This type of humility, real or not, enhances her attractiveness.
I agree... like all of Hollywood , their obsessed with looks and cant see past it or themselves. mirror mirror.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2015, 06:33 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
There was an interview with Jennifer Lawrence, very real-life, as opposed to pure movie promotion. The sad thing is that she mentioned Googling herself with the word "ugly." It's really a pathetic indication of the way people hammer at celebrities, and pathetic that such a good (and beautiful) actress would be driven to worry about her looks.

"Jennifer Lawrence Has No Appetite for Playing Fame Games"
By Brooks Barnes

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/13/mo...ames.html?_r=0

Do you know what's really pathetic? Someone perched on the computer, googling what others think about them. And caring.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:36 AM

10 posts, read 9,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Do you know what's really pathetic? Someone perched on the computer, googling what others think about them. And caring.
She is in a career, which at the core, is all about what people think about her. Of course she's going to care. Her success is dependent upon people liking her.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:41 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I agree...she has probably made more money at a very young age than any of us will ever see in a lifetime.. so give over on this phoney rubbish.. she doesnt know just how lucky she is on many levels.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:51 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,456,469 times
This is an interesting thread. There is a difference between being ugly, and NOT being unattractive. And it is a personal preference.

Most women, they may not be pretty, but they aren't unattractive either. Opinions of their looks are neutral and they're not strong either way. That is how I feel about Jennifer Lawrence and Jennifer Aniston. That is also how I feel about Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer.

And there's nothing wrong with that. Jennifer Lopez is pretty, Farrah Fawcett was pretty, even Suzanne Somers is pretty, to me. For me Christina Ricci is interesting, but I would rather Julia Styles. But that's just me. Attractive is like Halle Berry or Jennifer Beals back in the day. We set our bar low, because we're politically correct, but that doesn't change anything at the end of the day. Melissa McCarthy is prettier than Jennifer Lawrence if you ask me.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:48 AM

774 posts, read 745,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I think its true in most cases (i.e.,Kim Kardashian - beautiful, rich, sexy, beautiful, sexy, beautiful, no real talent other than business/marketing) but someone like this Lawrence chick I can understand. She, at the advice and urging of her mother, SLEPT her way into Hollywood and SLEPT her way into Hunger Games. This is a FACT that is pretty well known.
You think people are jealous of the Kartrashians? You find her beautiful and sexy? Wow. I bash on her because she's a skank fat plastic slob with no morals and even less brain. She's an easy target. She's famous for a self promoted sex tape with a D list rapper. She's married to one of the biggest no talent jerks on the planet and has a mother who literally whored her daughters out for sake of fame. I'd rather be homeless with cancer than be her or anything remotely like anyone in that entire family. As for JLaw, you couldn't be more wrong. The producers of the Hunger Games went after her. She wasn't interested because she was concerned about being type cast. You need to do a bit of research.

Old 09-21-2015, 11:05 AM

18,130 posts, read 25,291,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
There was an interview with Jennifer Lawrence, very real-life, as opposed to pure movie promotion. The sad thing is that she mentioned Googling herself with the word "ugly." It's really a pathetic indication of the way people hammer at celebrities, and pathetic that such a good (and beautiful) actress would be driven to worry about her looks.
You gotta be an idiot to google yourself with the word "ugly"

Old 09-22-2015, 07:11 PM

2,432 posts, read 2,692,335 times
Its sad, but I think everyone has felt this way at some time, celebrities are no different.

I really like her, very good actress and she seems much more real and down to earth then other celebrities. I hope she never gets into doing plastic surgeries, as many do.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:07 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspistol View Post
You think people are jealous of the Kartrashians? You find her beautiful and sexy? Wow. I bash on her because she's a skank fat plastic slob with no morals and even less brain. She's an easy target. She's famous for a self promoted sex tape with a D list rapper. She's married to one of the biggest no talent jerks on the planet and has a mother who literally whored her daughters out for sake of fame. I'd rather be homeless with cancer than be her or anything remotely like anyone in that entire family. As for JLaw, you couldn't be more wrong. The producers of the Hunger Games went after her. She wasn't interested because she was concerned about being type cast. You need to do a bit of research.
I've always considered the Kardasians famous for not a damn thing. No one would know they existed if their show didn't pop up on mtv(or whatever channel) one night, about six years ago. Hell; I'm pretty sure most people either didn't know who Bruce Jenner was, or knew he was still alive until the premier of the show.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:11 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
I don't think Jennifer is actually ugly, but she isn't my type at all, matter of fact if she came back home, and ai saw her on the street, unless dumb star struct fans were follwing her, or the local news, I probably wouldn't know her from any other white girl walking around. At the end of the day, she's one more thing for Louisville to be proud of, that isn't horses, or stupid college sports.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty