Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2015, 12:29 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times

Advertisements

I have noticed over the past few weeks I have been going through a wardrobe phase.

For the bulk of the past year or so I have been into feminine 50s shapes like fit and flare dresses with cardigans. Fun flats. And Kate Spade colorful. In fact Kate Spade is a perfect brand visual.

But over the past month or so I have have been in a very different mood. I have been wearing tons of black and white. Fewer bright colors. Black. Ankle boots. Graphic prints. More skinny jeans. More leggings. Leather (ok pleather) skirts. I even grabbed a few sporty 90s style shoes. Suddenly I am in a Calvin Klein / DKNY mood. No clue why I am gravitating to those looks right now.

Maybe it is the fall weather. Maybe I am in a NYC mood vs my usual Connecticut. :P

I have done this look before but it has been at least 5 years.

What are your wardrobe phases? How have you shifted? Do you chance moods seasonally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 07:07 PM

342 posts, read 438,272 times
Not style phase much, more color phase for me. I am into neutrals right now...monochromatic ... camel, caramel, winter white. Easy to wear and classy.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:16 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,000,620 times
I guess those "looks" make you feel good...nothing wrong with that!

Old 11-12-2015, 10:52 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I have noticed over the past few weeks I have been going through a wardrobe phase.

For the bulk of the past year or so I have been into feminine 50s shapes like fit and flare dresses with cardigans. Fun flats. And Kate Spade colorful. In fact Kate Spade is a perfect brand visual.

But over the past month or so I have have been in a very different mood. I have been wearing tons of black and white. Fewer bright colors. Black. Ankle boots. Graphic prints. More skinny jeans. More leggings. Leather (ok pleather) skirts. I even grabbed a few sporty 90s style shoes. Suddenly I am in a Calvin Klein / DKNY mood. No clue why I am gravitating to those looks right now.

Maybe it is the fall weather. Maybe I am in a NYC mood vs my usual Connecticut. :P

I have done this look before but it has been at least 5 years.

What are your wardrobe phases? How have you shifted? Do you chance moods seasonally?
Yes I've been through the 50's phase, finding vintage sun dresses.... feel like I am coming back into this phase... or feeling like wearing pencil skirts with prints.

winter was blacks/blues/greys & white.. lots of white tshirt wearing.

I try to have mostly staples and then a few 'mood' pieces...

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 11-12-2015 at 11:11 PM..

Old 11-13-2015, 01:13 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,236,969 times
I've tried to change things up, but it just doesn't feel authentic for me. Especially accessories. I'm pretty much a cartoon character with a pulse, without a sophisticated bone in my body, lol. Jeans or fitted cargos, flip-flips or Birk clogs, cute socks, fitted tops (usually just plain cotton or merino wool, maybe something boho if I'm feeling fun), pea coats, Nordic-print ski hats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty