Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 03:23 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I'm just gobsmacked that anyone thinks you have to spend at least $100 for quality jeans.

Aside from designers who want women to think they have to...
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2015, 03:26 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
Who peed in your Cheerios?
Um...no one. You posted kind of an odd question. I answered it.

Old 11-24-2015, 03:35 PM

53 posts, read 66,159 times
Look into "the graduate" jeans.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:00 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheotherMarie View Post
I'm going to bounce off another thread I just read here about a lack of quality clothing.
I am also finding that fabrics have become quite flimsy, and I'm having a difficult time finding jeans because of it.
I'm aging myself here, but when I was younger, we all wore Levi's made of nice denim.
Levi's no longer fit me well (boy has my body changed over the years!) so they're out.

Are there any other brands of jeans that are made of a decent quality of denim, and still under $100?
It would definitely be a plus if they were also a more traditional style jean, not skinny jeans.
I have a rather ample rear already, and I'm too old to highlight that feature.
(Funny story. I was walking my dog, and a young man only saw me from behind. He said "Damn!" But when I turned around and he saw how old I am, he became really apologetic and embarrassed. heeheehee!)

Anyway, back to the jeans... I'd love to hear suggestions of brands and stores, if anybody can help.
I'm probably older than you are. I still wear Levi's. I find them to be good quality. But they are all not the same. Levi's runs from lesser quality to high quality. All are well under $100. But it's true that I don't think they're all made for pear shaped figures, if that's your figure type. I buy the straight leg or flared leg/boot leg versions. Never skinny leg or tapered leg.

Ralph Lauren jeans on sale. Doesn't get any higher quality than that. They'll last forever. Again, only straight legs. Not tapered or skiny or wide legged.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:00 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,684,215 times
Over in Thailand, they sell a brand of Japanese jeans named "Big John." I think they're Japanese. Anyway, they have "Big John" stores in the malls there, and one time I came across a sale. Two pairs for 800 baht. At the time, that was around $25 a pair. But the quality was fantastic! If someone told me they were $100 a pair, I would have believed them. Maybe you can find some in the USA.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:04 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I am 67, and fairly tall. My current favorite jeans are Lee, and I got them at JC Penney, online. I really don't know how much they cost, but if they had been expensive, I would remember.
Lee jeans might work for the OP. Lee jeans are made for a pear shape. (So they won't work for me. If they fit my hips, they are too tight in the waist.)

Old 11-24-2015, 04:24 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,409,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Lee jeans might work for the OP. Lee jeans are made for a pear shape. (So they won't work for me. If they fit my hips, they are too tight in the waist.)
They sell Lee's jeans at Walmart.

Old 11-24-2015, 04:49 PM

50,378 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Admittedly, I'm a bundle of freakish measurements, smaller waist, bigger tummy, thinner thighs. Anyway, there are jeans out there for everyone under $100. Over $100, I have a couple of pairs of NYDJ. Lots of lycra, but the punishment is, if it fits at first, by the end of the day it will be too loose. Pick your punishment.
All in all, I'll take my Lees with no Lycra for (I'm guessing) $39.99.

Old 11-24-2015, 09:50 PM

33 posts, read 20,245 times
Have you gone to Levi's online store? They have a lot more types of fit and styles than I've ever seen in stores.

Old 11-24-2015, 10:03 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
My wife and I buy our jeans at Costco, their Kirkland store brand.
I have three pair, and they are all I wear, day in and day out. On any given day there is one pair in the laundry, one in the drawer, and I have one pair on. I buy a couple pair per year, and send the old ones to the thrift store.
They do the job just fine.
My wife is in the vicinity of 60, and I am over 70.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty