Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 03:51 PM

135 posts, read 169,968 times

Advertisements

Confucius say, "Woman who do makeup in car most likely woke up in not-her-husband house."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2015, 04:16 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,609,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I am just really curious about this and I have to admit, none of the women I personally know do this (at least the ones I work with anyway... most don't wear makeup in the office and the one who does only occasionally comes in with a makeup bag to do makeup at work). She only does that when she's overslept or something and is running late.

I tried googling it and discovered 40% of women put on their makeup on the way to work (in the car on on public transit). My question is, why? Do these women just happen to be night owls who can't get up early enough to get their morning routine done at home? Maybe they have small kids at home who don't "let them" get everything done? Poor planners? They prefer doing it at the very last minute because it lasts longer? Bad habit?

Just a curiosity thing on my part that I noticed about some woman (of course, it has to be about women because very, very, very few men wear makeup). I just find it odd... I mean, I've never seen a man (or woman really) shaving on the way to work. I am sure it happens because weird stuff happens all the time, but it just doesn't seem as common as the makeup thing. In fact, I would say the makeup thing is so common it's not really "weird" like shaving would be. And I just don't know anyone who does it to ask.
Do you have an extra 30-60 minutes in the morning to dry and style your hair and put your makeup on?

I'll put money on your coworkers actually wearing makeup, but you just don't realise it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fn8CbCcy2xQ

Old 12-11-2015, 05:11 PM

563 posts, read 524,392 times
This has never bothered me, seeing a woman put on her makeup. It can actually it looks kind of hot! So, don't stop. There are more guys like me than those prudish types. And who care what they think anyway?

Old 12-11-2015, 05:18 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
So some women have mentioned putting on makeup at work. When exactly would you do that? While you are supposed to be working? Do you show up extra early to put on the makeup so your not using the employers time?

Old 12-11-2015, 06:05 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,791,000 times
I've never understood why someone can't get up 15 mins. earlier and do their makeup before they leave the house. I've seen women on the bus/metro putting on full makeup (I'd be REALLY scared to be doing eyeliner, mascara, etc. while in a moving vehicle).

I have used my Blistex (lip balm) while in the car, but I can reach into my purse (I don't carry "luggage" like some do) - without looking.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:29 PM

10,225 posts, read 7,587,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
I am just really curious about this and I have to admit, none of the women I personally know do this (at least the ones I work with anyway... most don't wear makeup in the office and the one who does only occasionally comes in with a makeup bag to do makeup at work). She only does that when she's overslept or something and is running late.

I tried googling it and discovered 40% of women put on their makeup on the way to work (in the car on on public transit). My question is, why? Do these women just happen to be night owls who can't get up early enough to get their morning routine done at home? Maybe they have small kids at home who don't "let them" get everything done? Poor planners? They prefer doing it at the very last minute because it lasts longer? Bad habit?

Just a curiosity thing on my part that I noticed about some woman (of course, it has to be about women because very, very, very few men wear makeup). I just find it odd... I mean, I've never seen a man (or woman really) shaving on the way to work. I am sure it happens because weird stuff happens all the time, but it just doesn't seem as common as the makeup thing. In fact, I would say the makeup thing is so common it's not really "weird" like shaving would be. And I just don't know anyone who does it to ask.
I've put mascara or blush on in the car a number of times (only when stopped at a traffic light). That ws because I was pressed for time. Or I had forgotten to put blush on. Or I needed another coat of mascara. Or I got my lip color wrong.

Why does that bother you? I'm stopped at a light, minding my own business. Some people are drinking coffee, some smoking, some talking on phones, some petting their dogs, some singing to music, and some putting on blush. What difference does it make to you what people do while waiting at a light?

Old 12-11-2015, 10:03 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
I used to get to work a good hour before anybody got there (bus schedule necessitated it, also when I was carpooling with my ex and got dropped off super early). Doing my makeup when I got there and had time to kill before the office opened worked out well.

Old 12-12-2015, 12:26 AM

442 posts, read 1,579,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
So some women have mentioned putting on makeup at work. When exactly would you do that? While you are supposed to be working? Do you show up extra early to put on the makeup so your not using the employers time?
Yes, they do it on the employers time. Seen it ALOT. Really irked me every time.

Never done that...but I put my make up on in the car OR do my hair in the car nearly every day. One poster said "Can't you wake up 15 minutes earlier"....do you even wear make up or style your hair ? Takes much longer than 15 minutes.

To answer the OP: I have trouble sleeping at night and have never been a morning person, ever, so I perpetually over sleep. Also, most days I shower in the morning and I have 3 dogs to feed and walk before I leave. Most days I just don't have the time to finish hair or make up before I need to be out the door.

Still haven't figured out what's going to happen to my mornings when kids enter the picture...

Old 12-12-2015, 07:09 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,377,752 times
40% is way high...They're probably counting lipstick/gloss/chapstick which to me seems very normal and I don't even use the mirror for that - so it doesn't count! But seriously, eye makeup is a totally different thing and not many women do that. Lipstick and putting hair up in a ponytail - that's all I every see.

Old 12-12-2015, 07:15 AM

3,167 posts, read 4,003,230 times
I wear very little makeup, so it's easy to apply and only take 5 minutes. I often do it while sitting in traffic on the way to work. I consider it an efficient use of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty