Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 11:23 AM

120 posts, read 116,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
I know it is so very weird to me too!!!
What's weird to me is women who pierce their bodies and cover up their freckled skin with tattoos!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 11:29 AM

4 posts, read 3,257 times
Freckles are sometimes super cute on women. I however suffered from constant verbal abuse for having glasses and freckles are now these things are considered fashion.... grrrrrrr

Old 12-24-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Yeah, unfortunately freckles and red hair are hugely popular right now, which is about 50 years too late for me to get any benefit from these trends. Red hair, particularly curly/frizzy red hair, combined with pale eyes with blonde brows/eyelashes, and blotchy freckles, were NOT what was the rage back then. My freckles, now the result of years of baking myself in the sun, are anything but sexy at this age, and self-tanner will only cover them up so much.
What are you talking about? Did you forget about Pippi Longstocking and Annie?

Old 12-24-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Z View Post
There is no such thing as "ugly kind" when it comes to freckles. This is an example of the beautiful kind:

I'm in LOVE!

Old 12-24-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAppleyard View Post
Freckles are sometimes super cute on women. I however suffered from constant verbal abuse for having glasses and freckles are now these things are considered fashion.... grrrrrrr
You must not take their jealousy for abuse. I personally have known several guys who love girls with glasses, "....because when they take them off, I know I'm gettin' somthin'...." As for your freckles: Angel Kisses, Sun-Kisses, Heavenly Glitter, etc.,

Girls with freckles are HOT! The more freckles a girl has the HOTTER she looks! Freckles are the first asset I look for on a girl before asking her out on a date. A girl without freckles is like a night without stars. Freckles are so HOT that there are even web sites and Facebook groups dedicated to women covered in freckles and the guys who love them. Freckles ROCK!

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/forfrecklefansonly/

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/FreckleFaceFiles/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580413448849175/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100265686680120/

r/FreckledGirls on Imgur

Should I post some more?

Old 12-24-2015, 04:35 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,507,241 times
My best friend in 3rd grade and I used to fight over whose mom had the most freckles. "My mom even has freckles on her lip" "well, my mom even has freckles on her fingertips" etc etc. We never backed down. She and I both also had freckles, although not all over our bodies like our moms. I have "spots" all over me, though. I'd prefer to think they are freckles, but they're really small moles.

Quote:
A girl without freckles is like a night without stars.
I used to have something similar on a plaque given to me one year for my birthday by a relative ("A face without freckles is like a sky without stars"). It did make me feel better about having so many facial freckles

Old 12-24-2015, 07:53 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,602,228 times
I love the trend! I have a lot of freckles and finally feel validated :-D

Mine have never bothered me - the only thing that bothers me now is my dermatologist has started calling them age spots. They the exact same freckles I had before; must we reclassify them? I'm going with "freckles."

Other things bother me, not freckles. If the trend is to paint them on, more power to everyone doing it! Finally I am ahead of a trend.

Old 12-24-2015, 09:59 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
A girl without freckles is like a night without stars.
I like that too. My mom would sometimes call them sunkisses, but there were also times she'd tease me that I must have been looking up when the bluebird of happiness flew over and....!

Old 12-24-2015, 10:29 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,669 times
Freckles are also a sign of skin damage. I used to have a lot of them, but they faded when I moved and started wearing sunscreen on my face daily. I guess it's nice that those with naturally freckled complexions will feel extra beautiful while this is trending, but once the trend ends, then what? Ugh, why can't people just learn how to play up/love their natural features instead of searching for something in others'?

Old 12-24-2015, 10:36 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
I don't have freckles and I don't find them attractive. I had one boyfriend years ago who had freckles and the freckles weren't part of the attraction, nor did they turn me off. They were just part of his face.

The girl next door to me (elementary school age) had red hair and tons of freckles and she tried everything ever suggested to her to rid herself of hers, including putting a goldfish on her face! (I have no idea who suggested that to her, but I thought it was nuts.) She was very unpopular, especially with boys, but come to think of it, she didn't have a very nice personality, and was just sort of a doormat.

I saw her once more again when we were in our late twenties and didn't see many (or any) freckles, yet she did not appear to be wearing heavy "pancake" makeup. Do freckles fade as someone ages?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty