Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2016, 12:11 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,859,449 times

Advertisements

So as a person with a tricky bra size, I love Polish bras. They fit my short-torsoed self. These are your friends if you are narrower in the ribcage/shoulders. Or need narrow under wires.

5 Reasons Why Polish Bras Get So Much Hype – Wellfitting Bras

I like Ewa Michalak and these are my most comfy / flattering bras.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2016, 04:09 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,365,023 times
It's a good industry for Poland's designers to be getting into. In much of the world, this is an underserved business. There's obviously a huge demand for bras of all types... especially attractive ones... that fit!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:25 PM

10,113 posts, read 19,396,101 times
Any idea how much they cost?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:31 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
I'm a Chantelle fan myself. They are a French line who makes bras for slim, busty gals like myself (I'm a 34H, and I think they range from 28-38 D-K or so). They are very comfortable, supportive, and I buy them affordably online. They don't come in hardly any colors, though; mostly that weird, "nude" color that really doesn't look like any real person's skin tone.

Old 02-13-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Any idea how much they cost?
Ewa Michalak ones range from about $70-$100 depending on how complicated they are and the materials. The construction is way way nicer than Freya / Panache, so the premium price is worth it to me. Not much more than the more mainstream (full bust) brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I'm a Chantelle fan myself. They are a French line who makes bras for slim, busty gals like myself (I'm a 34H, and I think they range from 28-38 D-K or so). They are very comfortable, supportive, and I buy them affordably online. They don't come in hardly any colors, though; mostly that weird, "nude" color that really doesn't look like any real person's skin tone.
Chanetelle cup sizes are much much smaller than the UK equivalents. They do not make many bras beyond H and their H fits like a UK FF or G. Their bands also run a little bit stretchier than equivalent UK sized ones, so I personally found I sized out since there wasn't enough cup volume available even though they had my "size." Where I get a 34H in brands like Curvy Kate, I need a 32J in Chantelle - which they don't have very often or stock where I live. When I was a bit heavier, I fit into their bras a little better (for me, weight gain means I go up in the band, down in the cup since I keep the ~ same volume at all sizes.) This means there was a cup / band combo that fit ok, but it stretched out much faster for me than other brands. So it didn't fit well for long.

Also Chantelle's construction didn't give me great shape and the wires were too wide for me! Really they weren't my perfect fit by a long shot!

I find they are also pretty basic looking. I found Ewa Michalak bras are super fun! No need to only get "utilitarian bras" because you are busty. There are normal ones and interesting ones in that brand! And there are even a few brown ones that are really close to nude for me.

I really appreciate the narrower wires because I find most brands are too wide and poke me in the side. I also find many have 2 part construction that doesn't give me great shape! Every Ewa bra I have tried on gave me the nice high and rounded look I like, no matter the style!

Two of the fun ones I have:

And here are some basic ones:

I have tried on pretty much every brand that is widely available so PM me for tips!

Old 02-17-2016, 06:49 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,720,754 times
Default Cool ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Ewa Michalak ones range from about $70-$100 depending on how complicated they are and the materials. The construction is way way nicer than Freya / Panache, so the premium price is worth it to me. Not much more than the more mainstream (full bust) brands.

Chanetelle cup sizes are much much smaller than the UK equivalents. They do not make many bras beyond H and their H fits like a UK FF or G. Their bands also run a little bit stretchier than equivalent UK sized ones, so I personally found I sized out since there wasn't enough cup volume available even though they had my "size." Where I get a 34H in brands like Curvy Kate, I need a 32J in Chantelle - which they don't have very often or stock where I live. When I was a bit heavier, I fit into their bras a little better (for me, weight gain means I go up in the band, down in the cup since I keep the ~ same volume at all sizes.) This means there was a cup / band combo that fit ok, but it stretched out much faster for me than other brands. So it didn't fit well for long.

Also Chantelle's construction didn't give me great shape and the wires were too wide for me! Really they weren't my perfect fit by a long shot!

I find they are also pretty basic looking. I found Ewa Michalak bras are super fun! No need to only get "utilitarian bras" because you are busty. There are normal ones and interesting ones in that brand! And there are even a few brown ones that are really close to nude for me.

I really appreciate the narrower wires because I find most brands are too wide and poke me in the side. I also find many have 2 part construction that doesn't give me great shape! Every Ewa bra I have tried on gave me the nice high and rounded look I like, no matter the style!

Two of the fun ones I have:

And here are some basic ones:

I have tried on pretty much every brand that is widely available so PM me for tips!
These sets are really cool. They also look pretty well made. There is nothing as annoying as a bra with poor support. I like the details on these. Would certainly give these a try.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:03 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,761,293 times
Apparently Polish women must be the bustiest women on the planet because that brand runs up to some humongous cup sizes. The largest I think that are commercially available.

I would hope they are constructed well considering how much they want for them. My wife tends to beat the underwires out of the "cheaper" 50-70 bras after only a couple of months so she's been looking at these wondering if they are worth it.

Old 02-18-2016, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Apparently Polish women must be the bustiest women on the planet because that brand runs up to some humongous cup sizes. The largest I think that are commercially available.

I would hope they are constructed well considering how much they want for them. My wife tends to beat the underwires out of the "cheaper" 50-70 bras after only a couple of months so she's been looking at these wondering if they are worth it.
Haven't had a busted underwire yet. Have had a few different bras for almost a year. And they are worn often. The construction is way better.

Old 02-07-2023, 08:31 AM

12 posts, read 10,184 times
I really like Ewa Michalak, Nessa, and Gorsenia for Polish brands. Have found the sizing to be a little tricky to get right (Ewa seems to run smaller than Gorsenia in the cups so I size down in Gorsenia) but I've tried bras from both brands that give me great support a nice rounded shape.

I used to live in Canada where it's a little easier to find these brands and generally a wider size range (e.g., https://shop.broadlingerie.com/collections/polish-bras for Nessa and EM and https://www.foreveryourslingerie.ca/...s-ewa-michalak for Ewa), in the US they are definitely harder to find but you can get a few brands online at https://miseczki.com/collections/all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty