Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
Shower and moisturise 11 64.71%
s 6 35.29%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 10:13 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times

Advertisements

Water dries the skin out.

I suggest to shower as often as you wish but take short showers and use moisturizer after.

I shower twice a day usually but very short. Keeps the water bill down and I am clean. :0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 08:02 AM

466 posts, read 581,751 times
I shower twice a day, short showers but I moisturize after each shower usually with either jojoba oil or vit E oil.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:29 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Most of the body washes that people use today are very drying and strip all natural oils from our bodies which is why the sale of moisturizers is through the roof. If you are past menopause, not active, don't sweat you really don't need to shower every day especially if you have a bidet.

While I shower most days, if I took one after the gym last night and my plans for today are to veg out I see no reason why I need to shower again. Do you think senior citizens with extremely dry skin should shower or bathe every day? Again if you're younger, sweat a lot, or work outdoors yes, please shower every day.

Old 05-22-2016, 11:48 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I seriously cannot understand why anyone does not shower daily in the first place. The idea of moisturizing dirty skin (ex not showered today) seems crazy. If you use better quality soap or shower gels then you could be cleaning and moisturizing at the same time.
Depends on your skin. I need to moisturizer no matter what. I have tried lots of soap. I will be ashy without moisturizing. But the wrong soap dries me out more.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:08 PM

777 posts, read 1,337,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Most of the body washes that people use today are very drying and strip all natural oils from our bodies which is why the sale of moisturizers is through the roof. If you are past menopause, not active, don't sweat you really don't need to shower every day especially if you have a bidet.

While I shower most days, if I took one after the gym last night and my plans for today are to veg out I see no reason why I need to shower again. Do you think senior citizens with extremely dry skin should shower or bathe every day? Again if you're younger, sweat a lot, or work outdoors yes, please shower every day.
For reals. To my knowledge. most senior citizens only shower weekly! Babies aren't even washed everyday! So do adults find it so necessary? (That is a rhetorical question, ya'll).

Old 05-23-2016, 12:48 AM

17 posts, read 28,772 times
it depends on your skin type...mine is dry..so I have to use moisturizer.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:29 AM

140 posts, read 143,248 times
Living in Key West, it's humid almost all year-round, so moisturizing isn't always necessary because there's so much water in the air.

I buy a good quality body butter and when I want extra moisture, I'll use a bit of coconut oil or sweet almond oil.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:24 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinanceBabe View Post
Living in Key West, it's humid almost all year-round, so moisturizing isn't always necessary because there's so much water in the air.

I buy a good quality body butter and when I want extra moisture, I'll use a bit of coconut oil or sweet almond oil.

Please elaborate - what is body butter? Is it better than my Lubriderm which is one of the best I've used? Where do you get it? Is it unscented?

My skin has become very dry the last few years and if I don't use moisturizer daily it will look awful.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:46 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Please elaborate - what is body butter? Is it better than my Lubriderm which is one of the best I've used? Where do you get it? Is it unscented?
Body butter is thicker and more emollient than lotion. Lotion has a high water content (which evaporates), whereas body butter is primarily oils and butters (like shea or cocoa butter). Because of the oils and butters used, it's usually not unscented, though it's possible to find some without added scents.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:54 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times
Have never used moisturiser after a bath or shower and dont have dry skin.... I only moisture my face daily..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty