Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 687 times

Advertisements

Nowadays everything is digitized and everybody wants to save their time to go for shopping. Every woman love jewelry and never refuse to have it. I heard many positive aspects of shopping jewelry online.

Contrary they have hard time feeling themselves wearing jewelry online. I am doing a study on percentage of people will purchase fashion jewelry online. Can anyone help to share your opinion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 08:29 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,042,071 times
A few simple visits to the largest ecommerce sites will tell you whether or not people buy jewelry online.

By the way, City-Data prohibits advertisements here, so if you're thinking about posting a link to your jewelry site, don't.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:05 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,276,225 times
I buy stuff on the cheap Chinese Web site or eBay. You can find stuff on those sites that are the same as in the stores at the mall--only without the 400% price mark up. Great Christmas gifts!

Old 03-24-2016, 09:35 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,980,015 times
No because I am making it a priority to buy nicer jewelry most of the time. I have picked up a few things from etsy in the past. I have 2 fave jewelry stores in my city that are not too pricy and have awesome stuff. And I get the most compliments on these items too! These stores have an aesthetic that fits my style perfectly, so about 70% of my recent purchases have come from those.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:22 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,752,526 times
Did it once and was really disappointed. Looked very nice in the picture, but the finishes were horrible and it was nothing I would ever wear as a result I avoid doing this now. I would only do this if it was direct from a very reputable company.

Old 03-24-2016, 10:49 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,288,266 times
I don't wear a lot of fashion jewelry anymore, but if I were to order something I would want to feel confident about the brand or the vendor. I'd want to know that I could return the item. I figure with ordering, I am willing to pay shipping once to try something out, but if it disappoints and I have to pay to return it, then I am "once burned, twice shy."

Old 03-24-2016, 10:59 AM

6,624 posts, read 6,577,004 times
I bought a gorgeous set of necklace and earrings off amazon to wear to my son's formal wedding. It was cheap and looked great. I got lots of compliments. I don't know whether I'll ever wear it again, but if I'd spent a bundle in a store for the same thing, then I would feel like it was money poorly spent.

I just bought another set off of a local girl who sells jewelry on facebook. ($10 for necklace and earrings) It's a cute set too. No prob!

IF the photos are close enough to see exactly what you are getting, you pay attention to the size, and the ratings are good, then why not?

Old 03-24-2016, 11:45 AM

17,154 posts, read 13,017,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I bought a gorgeous set of necklace and earrings off amazon to wear to my son's formal wedding. It was cheap and looked great. I got lots of compliments. I don't know whether I'll ever wear it again, but if I'd spent a bundle in a store for the same thing, then I would feel like it was money poorly spent.

I just bought another set off of a local girl who sells jewelry on facebook. ($10 for necklace and earrings) It's a cute set too. No prob!

IF the photos are close enough to see exactly what you are getting, you pay attention to the size, and the ratings are good, then why not?
I did the same thing, only I bought it to wear to my own wedding. I purchased a fake blue topaz earring and bracelet set from China to match the real blue topaz pendant and silver necklace my wife bought me as my wedding gift, and wore all of them with my wedding dress. They were beautiful and super cheap, and I was glad because I had no intention of wearing the bracelet or earrings again. Why pay a ton for jewelry you only wear once? (That was my philosophy on the wedding dress too, so I got one on sale lol).

Old 03-24-2016, 01:02 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,386,383 times
Yes, I have. Rings and necklaces. I'm pleased with what I received, although, things are never exactly how they appear online. I like artisanal (not quite perfect-looking) semi-precious gemstones. It's easier to find that type of jewelry online.

I think the issue for many shoppers is that they mistrust the quality of what they'll receive. There aren't a lot of "name brands" in the jewelry business, except for expensive jewelry (like Tiffany). Regular fashion jewelry, you really take a chance on the quality.

Old 03-24-2016, 01:09 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,336,521 times
I rarely buy jewelry online, although I have purchase some vintage jewelry on Ebay. Too many resources in-person to buy them from (artists markets, stores). But I am eyeing an art deco cuff bracelet on Amazon, so I may just go ahead and get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty