Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 08:20 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,267,188 times

Advertisements

What I got was name brand, Michael Kors and some others that was sold through an outlet on eBay at a drastically lower price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 04:56 PM

1,830 posts, read 6,165,307 times
I do purchase fashion jewelry online from eBay because I'm comfortable with the eBay "system". Have purchased from US as well as Asian sellers. You learn which ones can be trusted and which ones will give refunds or replacements if any item is defective. Also, eBay is pretty good about getting a refund for you if truly warranted and the seller is uncooperative. I also sell on eBay but the fees for eBay and PayPal are a bit high. I do own very nice fine jewelry, too, but would only purchase watches $200 and less online (have done okay with Amazon) but would not buy on eBay. I do 95% of my shopping online for several reasons.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:03 PM

10,116 posts, read 19,436,154 times
I have bought several pieces from Ross-Simons.com. Always great quality and price. One time I was not satisfied and they refunded it immediately with no problems.

I've also bought a few pieces from rubylane, which specializes in vintage/antique stuff. They are a collection of individual online shopsAlthough I've always been pleasd, I've never spent more than $50. If I were making a serious purchase, I would want a store I could see the item.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:12 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,247,830 times
Yes. I'm not into fine jewelry, but I collect amber... which evidently isn't all easy to find locally. But, I've found some really unique pieces on Ebay, hard to find shades or with fossilized insect trapped inside.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:25 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,012,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
I buy stuff on the cheap Chinese Web site or eBay. You can find stuff on those sites that are the same as in the stores at the mall--only without the 400% price mark up. Great Christmas gifts!

Nope -- at least not for jewelry.

I collect vintage Cartier watches and recently began selling some of my collection online. Copies of name brand, luxury items, are in no way the same as the originals.

I will say, however, that I recently was shown a Louis Vuitton "Kimono" hand bag, which just came out this year, that is impossible to distinguish from the original. (Even the salespersons at the LV store could not tell the difference.)

Old 04-27-2016, 08:22 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,267,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyInFairfax View Post
Nope -- at least not for jewelry.

I collect vintage Cartier watches and recently began selling some of my collection online. Copies of name brand, luxury items, are in no way the same as the originals.

I will say, however, that I recently was shown a Louis Vuitton "Kimono" hand bag, which just came out this year, that is impossible to distinguish from the original. (Even the salespersons at the LV store could not tell the difference.)
We aren't talking about luxury items. Cartier? No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty