Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 10:30 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,417,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post

I live in eastern North Carolina...in the summer, temperatures soar to 90+, sometimes over 100+, and our humidity is so thick that you feel like you can cut it with a knife.
That explains EVERYTHING about this thread.

Not all of us live in those conditions. I live in the North Georgia mountains, right near the state line of North Carolina.

I can count on one hand the number of summer days that hit 90. Other than summer, we have cold weather in the winter and cool weather in spring and fall. So, only a fraction of the year (summer) is in the 80s during the day and in the 60s and 70s at night.

For three-quarters of the year, you could wear a bra for a WEEK if you wanted, with no effect whatsoever.

We left the windows open the other night and I had to layer on a sweatshirt because it was 60 degrees in the house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 11:00 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,753,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Bras should be washed after use because it's like a incubator for germs. Heat, sweat, dirt are the perfect conditions for germs. You can get rashes and fungus growth easily during warm season. That's how jock itch happens.
Dirt? What are people doing that they get their bras so "dirty"? I work in a field science, and am out in the muck, heat, salt water, etc. I have never gotten my bra actually soiled.

Seriously, unless someone is obese, how much sweat and heat is there? I am working DD and I do not have heat, sweat, and dirt leading to boob fungus. If you get prickly heat, take a shower and use some powder like a normal person. If you don't who cares if you get a second or third wear out of a bra?

So much "pseudo" science in this thread it is unbelievable.

Old 05-17-2016, 11:31 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,763,790 times
First world problems.... poor people dont have washing machines at home or money to own 20 bras......

Old 05-17-2016, 12:04 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,137,345 times
I don't wash my shoes ever.

Just sayin'.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:10 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,369,869 times
I don't see the problem. Walmart has bra's for under $10 and on up to $35 or so. Lets say that you are low income. I am betting that a woman can afford 8 or 9 bras a year. Lets say you went with the low priced bras that is only about $90 a year. Not a lot if you ask me. In my area it would seem that plenty of lower income people can afford to spend $5 a day or more at a fast food place. Do that five times a week and that is $25. I am betting that the money is available for a year supply of bras.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:19 PM

37,651 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
That explains EVERYTHING about this thread.

Not all of us live in those conditions. I live in the North Georgia mountains, right near the state line of North Carolina.

I can count on one hand the number of summer days that hit 90. Other than summer, we have cold weather in the winter and cool weather in spring and fall. So, only a fraction of the year (summer) is in the 80s during the day and in the 60s and 70s at night.

For three-quarters of the year, you could wear a bra for a WEEK if you wanted, with no effect whatsoever.

We left the windows open the other night and I had to layer on a sweatshirt because it was 60 degrees in the house.
I live in eastern VA. Very little difference in temps. We too have many days over 90 degrees, in the summer (although we are having a marvelously cool spring this year). So sure, we have hot days, and high humidity, But guess what? We also have something called Air Conditioning. I suppose if you work outside, and sweat all day, then sure I'd be throwing EVERYTHING in the laundry at the end of the day. But I work inside, and don't ever experience daily "sweatiness" that the OP is referring to. If I go hiking, or do spend a day outside when it is a hot humid day, then of COURSE I'd be washing everything. But this is an exception, certainly NOT the rule, for me.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:22 PM

37,651 posts, read 46,067,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I had no idea that women would wear the same bra twice in a row, or more. That sounds sick if you ask me. Do you wear other under garments for more than a day in a row?
I think that question was already answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I read a long time ago that the average bra only lasts about 6 to 8 months and that is if you are letting it rest in between wearing it. The elastic can get damaged and when that happens the bra is no good any more. I also read that the average woman needs a minimum of 8 bras per year in their wardrobe.
Clearly you are here just for entertainment value.

Old 05-17-2016, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

I was not asking a question, I was commenting on the posts within this thread.

Why would anyone be here except for entertainment value?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I live in eastern VA. Very little difference in temps. We too have many days over 90 degrees, in the summer (although we are having a marvelously cool spring this year). So sure, we have hot days, and high humidity, But guess what? We also have something called Air Conditioning. I suppose if you work outside, and sweat all day, then sure I'd be throwing EVERYTHING in the laundry at the end of the day. But I work inside, and don't ever experience daily "sweatiness" that the OP is referring to. If I go hiking, or do spend a day outside when it is a hot humid day, then of COURSE I'd be washing everything. But this is an exception, certainly NOT the rule, for me.
But why would you want to wear the same bra over and over again?

Old 05-17-2016, 12:52 PM

1,640 posts, read 796,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessiemom View Post

lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty