Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 09:18 AM

28 posts, read 28,517 times

Advertisements

I am 23 and since my teens I have had these constant bags under my eyes and they are always there no matter what, even when I get plenty of sleep. It is annoying because people say things like I should get more sleep or have I gotten enough sleep, etc. but that is not the issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:02 AM

88,661 posts, read 84,959,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivias View Post
I am 23 and since my teens I have had these constant bags under my eyes and they are always there no matter what, even when I get plenty of sleep. It is annoying because people say things like I should get more sleep or have I gotten enough sleep, etc. but that is not the issue.
Most times it is just hereditary. It is annoying when people make comments on one's personal appearance.

Old 05-17-2016, 01:57 PM

5,404 posts, read 16,008,160 times
I hear ya! I've had the same thing forever! It is totally genetic....you can have plastic surgery to correct it!

Old 05-18-2016, 11:31 AM

488 posts, read 858,718 times
I've always had them too. I recently started using an eye cream that certainly doesn't get rid of them completely, but I swear they have lightened up a bit. Bonus - it smells amazing. I found it by getting a sample through Birchbox. It's expensive, but the full sized bottle will last a minimum of 6 months, I expect. Probably closer to a year. (I have no financial affiliation to this product whatsoever. I just like it a lot.) Amazon.com: 100% Pure: Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream, 1 oz, Anti-Inflammatory, Brightens Dark Circles, Concentrated with Potent Anti-Aging Vitamins, Antioxidants, and Nourishing Rosehip Oil: Beauty

Last edited by RubyJune; 05-18-2016 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: typos

Old 05-19-2016, 09:11 AM

5,401 posts, read 6,544,471 times
Bags under your eyes, as opposed to hereditary dark circles, might be caused by allergies.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:51 PM

634 posts, read 401,315 times
I had those horrible bags most of my life having inherited them from my grandmother and my mother. I tried every cream on the planet with no success. Finally I bit the bullet and had plastic surgery to remove them. Huge difference and very happy I did it.

Old 05-22-2016, 07:19 AM

466 posts, read 582,394 times
My granddaughter suffers like you and she sleeps more than 8 hours/night and drinks gallons of water so we think it is in her genes, her dad has similar. I told her to try slicing a fresh lemon every night and squeezing the juice into a dish then soaking a clean cottonwool pad in it and apply it to the area under her eyes. I told her to make sure that she rinses her face very well with water every morning and to also make sure she puts on a sunscreen with a minimum of SPF30 before leaving for school (she lives in Holland). She has been doing this for one week so far and is one happy bunny because she says it has lightened slightly. She exfoliates using a tomato, oats & yoghurt scrub, every 5 days. It is important to remember that lemon juice lightens the skin see this link: Can Lemon Juice Really Help Lighten Your Skin? - Healthy Concepts with a Nutrition Bias I have been doing the same but for my age spot and I am extra careful to make sure I rinse my face thoroughly before applying my sunscreen, SPF30 and then my Monsia day moisturizer with SPF15. I use an aloe vera gel with rice flour scrub every week. Touch wood the fresh lemon juice seems to be working for me as well. It will take patience.

Old 06-01-2016, 11:47 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,892,609 times
A high-sodium diet can also contribute to bags under the eyes. That often happens to me after big, bad meals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty