Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 03:16 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times

Advertisements

From what little I've read about it, you sound like the perfect candidate. Many people think of liposuction as a solution for overall obesity, but it's apparently intended just for people like you, with spot problems.

Now the trick is to keep it off forever. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 04:50 PM

447 posts, read 488,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You could handle this because you're a guy? Get back to me when you give birth to something (someone) the size of a large melon--without drugs. Not much seems to hurt after that. Sorry for the rant.

Yes, you can get an infection from medical procedures. It's never happened to me, but it does happen.

Why are you telling the world now?
Gerania, that's so true lol. I always said, if men should give birth, we'll be non existing today.:-))

Yes, lipo hurts after, but everything depends where and how much of it you doing. And of course, depends on surgeon approach.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:46 PM

7,992 posts, read 5,389,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

I am thinking of one for myself GiGi603 - and I am in my fifties! It's never to late to look your best!
I agree with you completely--it is never too late!

Old 06-16-2016, 05:50 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Oh forget that then lol. I think I will just deal with the extra cushion lol and buy reality great undergarments !
^^ LOL. My thoughts exactly. I can barely stand 3 minutes of pain let alone, 3 months! Think I'll keep my creme puff too..

Old 06-17-2016, 10:35 AM

25 posts, read 56,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I've always wondered if the effects of it last. I've heard vague stories about the fat shifting around or coming back to the area, or something. It sounds like your post that it worked, and has held over time.
It is "permanent" because the fat cells are removed and they will never return to that area. The body does not make new fat cells after adolescence unless you become morbidly obese, where your remaining fat cells cannot contain more energy and have no choice but to instruct the body to create new fat cells. If you got liposuction on the love handles, for example, the remaining fat cells can still enlarge with energy. Liposuction all it does is turn a problematic area into nonproblematic, it doesn't mean you won't gain fat, it can happen if you gain a lot of weight. Of course, it will never be as big as before the surgery.

Also, it is not that it "comes back" in another area, is just that area that used to be problematic, is not longer problematic anymore, so now you will store most of your fat on your next problematic area. This is not a problem as long as you don't gain weight, and even if you do, you can always lose weight again and you will revert back to post surgery. It is fat cell quantity that matters the most.

I believe liposuction works better for men than women, for several reasons, for one, men have more testosterone and less estrogen than women. Men are designed to have less estrogen, so removing fat cells, actually works to our advantage, because it will reduce estrogen, thus increase testosterone by default.

Men have fewer fat cells than women, so removing fat cells from a male's body, won't have much of an effect on overall health, whereas, with women, it could literally mess up her whole hormonal system. Women cannot get away with removing too many fat cells, especially not from different areas, as many women do by getting it on their thigh, legs, abdomen, arms, etc. Their bodies are designed to have more fat for pregnancy. This is why you often see women complaining about liposuction ruining their bodies, making the go elsewhere, ruining their shape, etc. Of course it will happen if you get it in multiple areas, your body is not designed to have fewer fat cells.

Men have lower body fat, have an easier time losing fat and staying lean, so they are more likely to keep the results of liposuction for many years, if not for life.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:43 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposito View Post
I had liposuction in 2013 and never told anyone. I paid it in cash from savings and never looked back. It's been years, and still no one knows. Surprisingly, I found out last year that my surgeon passed away, so you could my secret is safe. I only had two spots done that I couldn't get rid of because of genetics and it made me depressed for years... it was the love handles and abdomen. I know there are better ways at improving your self-esteem, but at the time, it made sense to me as a 20 year old. I don't regret it though. I can honestly say that it made me into a different person. The procedure certainly didn't make me confident overnight, but it certainly helped as a first step sort of thing. I was always self-conscious, especially about my prominent love handles on a skinny frame. I tried everything to get rid of them, and they would never go away no matter how skinny I got.

I don't know if it makes me a bad person. I know I'm being narcissistic and you can argue that this "confidence" is arrogance and vanity rolled into one, but until I see it that way, I don't feel that way. but I honestly don't think I would've had the confidence to approach the people that I have, meet the people that I have, or even *do* any of the things that I've always wanted to do without the procedure. It sounds like an exaggeration, and I guess it is, but I'm not joking when I say that I used to bail on going out with friends to the beach or skipping out on social events and concerts that I really wanted to go to b/c I felt too hideous.

Of course, I could've went a different path to self-esteem, but it's already been done and today is the first time that I'm revealing my "secret." No one knows. Just the doctor and nurses from the clinic... Not even my girlfriend or parents know... I know the stigma and the **** that I will get. I know the stigma on non-medical plastic surgery... Yet it changed me... It made me *want* to go out... Not to show off my new body, but I felt that I could finally talk to someone naturally without constantly thinking, "Omg I'm too fat; they're looking at that bloated area right now." I'm paranoid. It also gave me one less thing to be anxious about. On a daily basis, I worry about school, chores, social responsibilities, athletic training, and volunteering. I used to worry about how I looked too, and it was a major factor in my stress and depression... Now I don't. It's like I have a new lease on life... I know it sounds crazy, narcissistic, and arrogant, but I'm not denying it either. I don't know if it's any justification, but no one was hurt b/c of my procedure, and no one became a victim of anything... I don't know...

I've told literally no one... I don't feel that I ever will... Maybe when I'm very old, but I can't predict the future. The procedure changed my life so much...
Okay. Not sure why it's such a big deal to tell people.

Old 06-17-2016, 10:47 AM

37,617 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The fat will inevitably return (your fat cells are genetically programmed to congregate -- or, if removed -- migrate in one place or another), so eventually you won't have to worry about it.
Not true at all. That's the whole point of removing the fat cells.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:03 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,976,511 times
Yes; the fat cells are removed, but when you gain weight, your body creates more fat cells, and it is genetically predetermined where those will be concentrated. So, if you gain weight, it WILL come back there. I've seen it happen (not immediately; over ten years or more)...

Old 06-17-2016, 11:09 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Yes; the fat cells are removed, but when you gain weight, your body creates more fat cells, and it is genetically predetermined where those will be concentrated. So, if you gain weight, it WILL come back there. I've seen it happen (not immediately; over ten years or more)...
Of course. Makes total sense. But then it is YOUR fault, because you gain weight.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:15 AM

25 posts, read 56,421 times
Quote:
There is no reason for the body to create more fat cells unless you become very obese. Why would it create more fat cells, when the ones it has, can enlarge with energy just as well? It is a very simple concept to understand. Why would you need more bags to put a bunch of toys, when the ones you have will do the job? The only time when you'll need more bags is when the number of toys increases, in this case, that would be fat, if you get very obese

I gained a few pounds since my surgery due to trying to put on muscle and the lipoed area looks exactly the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty