Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2016, 01:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,099,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
What proof do you have that the world isn't flat? Have you been to outer space and looked back on earth to see an orb?
I haven't, but I've seen greasy dandruff stuck in weird ear hairs on men. That's an almost other wordly sight right there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 01:24 PM

594 posts, read 380,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I haven't, but I've seen greasy dandruff stuck in weird ear hairs on men. That's an almost other wordly sight right there.
You don't really get that unsettled at that kind of stuff do you?

Old 09-26-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Raccoon View Post
You don't really get that unsettled at that kind of stuff do you?
It depends on how close they are to me.

Old 09-26-2016, 01:41 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,116,619 times
Regarding a man's age, what gives you more clues, his face or his body?

I look for the telltale signs of wifel-tinnitus as demonstrated by stooped shoulders and a nervous reaction to high-pitched, shrill-like noises shattering another wise peaceful moment

Old 09-26-2016, 02:09 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,856,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Regarding a man's age, what gives you more clues, his face or his body?

I look for the telltale signs of wifel-tinnitus as demonstrated by stooped shoulders and a nervous reaction to high-pitched, shrill-like noises shattering another wise peaceful moment
This is funny. Repped.

Old 09-26-2016, 02:24 PM

2,113 posts, read 2,410,091 times
I think that the body shows it more. My bf has some grays and the dreaded nose and ear hair but honestly I don't pay it any mind. He may not have a 6 pack but he keeps himself in shape. I am not fond of the huge belly and man boobs on men. Sorry. And a good cologne - you could be the ugliest man on earth, but if you smell good, I am in.

More than anything, I am glad he is not trying to trade me in for 2 20's. He likes me, even though I am a washed up old hag at 42. LOL.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 1,340,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Eeeeewwww, Kathryn, please stop....:-D((((

--------------------------

Thanks, Kathy, for the rep!!...:-))))

Last edited by rent.in.nyc; 09-26-2016 at 04:49 PM..

Old 09-26-2016, 03:37 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,777,894 times
First let me state that the OP is generalizing here beyond belief. While what the OP implies, might be the norm for many aging men, it is not the rule.

I'm 46, I ask people all the time to guess my age, the average response is 36. And yes, I know most will try and guess younger, but I setup the question in a way most will not lie. I don't just workout five days per week, I train. I eat well. my body is that of someone you could say is 75% bodybuilder. I'm not overdone, not ridiculously bulked up, but I have seriously lean muscle mass head to toe. I have so much hair, it's beyond thick. You couldn't get your hand through it without ripping it out thick. My hair is about 25% gray and it''s wavy and women love it. My hormones are higher than the average 30 year old man (yes I check them twice yearly) My testosterone level is still over 800! Most men half my age don't have that. I eat super healthy, have minimal wrinkles and no serious body hair. I can get an errection in ten seconds and stay erect as long as I want and last as long as I want. I run five miles three days per week. I take no medications whatsoever and never have. I have never had a cavity yet in my life.

When I go out to the clubs, who flirts with me? 22-35 year olds and it's frequent and always... the older women do not approach me. I do not quite have a six pack, (don't care for one as reducing your body fat that low is not healthy long term) but I am close.

OP, your stereotyping is off. And I train at the gym with lots of men like myself around my age. We are out there. I agree, many men let themselves go about age 40, today, many do at age 20 and I laugh at them. What waste of youth I think. Will I someday be old? You bet and i'll embrace it for all it's worth when it comes. But for now? I fight age with every fiber of my being and it has paid off.

Old 09-26-2016, 04:12 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,629,786 times
Alaska boy, I don't think you fit the age bracket being "mostly" spoken of here.
You're still a young un.
Very good advice here for those interested, and it's really emphasized about the hygiene.
An older person can't help somethings.its natures way.
Something's are very fixable and nothing to do with who flirts with you or your time in the gym (See previous on hair follicles and their desire to sprout everywhere but on the head) and most together,caring women I know understand about such, certainly the libido,and even that's filed under "fixable" in many cases.
I have been married almost 300 years, my older gent ,who married a much younger hot chick way back then, has fallen on some very poor health and difficult times thru no fault of his ,yet, to me he is still a hunk, and even with the withering health, he is what the definition of distinguished really is.
Enjoy it while you got it kid!

Last edited by nanannie; 09-26-2016 at 04:29 PM..

Old 09-26-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
First let me state that the OP is generalizing here beyond belief. While what the OP implies, might be the norm for many aging men, it is not the rule.

I'm 46, I ask people all the time to guess my age, the average response is 36. And yes, I know most will try and guess younger, but I setup the question in a way most will not lie. I don't just workout five days per week, I train. I eat well. my body is that of someone you could say is 75% bodybuilder. I'm not overdone, not ridiculously bulked up, but I have seriously lean muscle mass head to toe. I have so much hair, it's beyond thick. You couldn't get your hand through it without ripping it out thick. My hair is about 25% gray and it''s wavy and women love it. My hormones are higher than the average 30 year old man (yes I check them twice yearly) My testosterone level is still over 800! Most men half my age don't have that. I eat super healthy, have minimal wrinkles and no serious body hair. I can get an errection in ten seconds and stay erect as long as I want and last as long as I want. I run five miles three days per week. I take no medications whatsoever and never have. I have never had a cavity yet in my life.

When I go out to the clubs, who flirts with me? 22-35 year olds and it's frequent and always... the older women do not approach me. I do not quite have a six pack, (don't care for one as reducing your body fat that low is not healthy long term) but I am close.

OP, your stereotyping is off. And I train at the gym with lots of men like myself around my age. We are out there. I agree, many men let themselves go about age 40, today, many do at age 20 and I laugh at them. What waste of youth I think. Will I someday be old? You bet and i'll embrace it for all it's worth when it comes. But for now? I fight age with every fiber of my being and it has paid off.
I didn't say all men age this way, or have all these characteristics. But surely you've seen every one of these in real life (maybe even some of them in yourself, who knows?).

And if all you say about yourself is true, surely you know that what you're describing is not the norm for a 46 year old man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty