Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:26 AM

58 posts, read 146,340 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to reccomend ELF makeup....All items are $1 and I'm loving it. I read Paula Begoun's books "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me" and she gives it good reviews. So some of you may want to give it a try

Christi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 04:20 PM

57 posts, read 324,787 times
Glad to hear you like it. I really didn't care for it but you sure can't beat the price.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:43 PM

58 posts, read 146,340 times
I really like the lip glosses with spf 15. Did you try those?

Old 03-08-2008, 05:33 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,934 times
Which e.l.f. products are working the best for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scchristi View Post
I just wanted to reccomend ELF makeup....All items are $1 and I'm loving it. I read Paula Begoun's books "Don't go to the cosmetics counter without me" and she gives it good reviews. So some of you may want to give it a try

Christi

Old 03-08-2008, 05:50 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,938,071 times
Their lip gloss is the best! I lightly pencil in my lips then I use the gloss over it. It gives me a 'pouty' look. The tube doesnt last that long because I usually run out every few weeks. I used to buy it by the handful at target but they clearanced out all of the E.L.F. products so I may have to buy it online....

Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 AM

369 posts, read 1,960,154 times
NYC lipstick is a favorite of mine. At .99 a tube, I buy them a handful at a time. Really nice staying power and super color choices IMHO, and I have tried many expensive lipsticks. Frankly I get teased a lot by my friends, but I don't care.

Old 03-09-2008, 06:40 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,765,913 times
I tried some of the products and am not terribly impressed - the white pencil/eye brightener has a cap w/a built-in sharpener but it doesn't fit/stay on the pencil, I don't like the mascara at all, the eyelash curler is hard to get used to. I like the colors of the shadows I bought but there is so little product (that's why it's a dollar, huh? lol). Haven't tried the lip products - I'll have to check them out.

I know some KMarts carry this (I initially bought online when they first started) - you might want to check the website and see where you can buy locally.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:46 PM

324 posts, read 883,063 times
How is the mascara? That is usually one product that I don't spend money on, because I don't think they get better as they get more expensive. They are pretty much all the same to me.

Old 03-12-2008, 06:04 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,718,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scchristi View Post

Christi
Which items from ELF did Paula give good reviews to? I tried their dual wand mascara and the waterproof side had a very bad smell to it when I opened it, so I threw it out. I do like their lipbalms and clear eyebrow sealer but haven't used them in a while as the Target near me stopped carrying ELF products.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:53 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,628,159 times
One word about ELF products, they are Made in China, as are a lot of the cheaper brands of make-up these days (Aziza, Jane, Wet & Wild, etc.) it will tell you on the packaging. Don't know if this should be a concern or not. My teenage daughter has used many ELF products, no problems so far. We have been finding it at Big Lots since Target stopped carrying it.

As for me, another vote here for NYC Lipsticks! I use L'oreal make-up mostly, but the NYC lipsticks are great - cheap, pretty shades, good staying power. Unfortunately, the NYC line is also made in China, but what can you do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty