Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 08:45 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
So does my sister. I do it and it’s blister city. Worse with new shoes. I’m diabetic and I do not ever go without shoes and socks or slippers. My feet are as soft as a baby’s...maybe that’s why I can’t do naked feet and shoes.
Shoes that fit and are made well do not have to be worn in and should not give your blisters. Go to a department store and get your foot measured by professional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostnip View Post
How are Hooters girls, the royal family's restrictive dress requirements, or old-fashioned workplace dress codes examples of being "in style"?

It's okay to wear whatever you want, but let's be real, none of us here are Kate Middleton. She's generally wearing hose with perfectly tailored, expensive retro fashions.

I agree with you.

The Hooters uniforms have literally not changed since the 1980s. I'd also hardly consider them having any kind of style let alone being in style.

Dead on about Kate Middleton having all of her clothes expertly tailored. She has to follow a particular dress code.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 08:52 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

Lol. Hooters girls. They serve food. Bare legs are a no in the food industry.

Bare legs are completely acceptable in the food service industry. When I was in college I waited tables in a bikini at Kingston Plantation in Myrtle Beach out by one of the pools.

Everyone I knew that worked at the seafood restaurants waitressed in shorts and tee shirts.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:49 PM

638 posts, read 529,619 times
I just can’t believe all these opinions about pantyhose. I mean whether they are in or out, that’s a matter of empirical fact to be verified in Vogue or something, and the rest... I am wearing a flannel shirt and sweatpants and I refuse to believe that pantyhose could be less attractive than that.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:17 AM

1,047 posts, read 726,444 times
Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
I haven't thought about suntan colored pantyhose in eons! (often in a white plastic egg) Eggs pantyhose!

I had forgotten about their existence. I know bare legs have been in style for a long time.

(except black tights always remain, as do nude hose)
I see those eggs at the drug store all the time! I've bought really expensive ones and drug store and cannot tell a difference,

Old 10-27-2017, 01:20 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Are very sheer black hose still stylish? Or are they completely replaced by the bare leg?
Sheer black is always nice and classy. I do think the bare leg is more for warmer climates (FL or the South) but maybe everywhere. I had mentioned I was raised in the South & no matter how hot, a proper lady wears stockings. It seems almost too naked to me with none on.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:23 AM

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
+1.

Lol. Hooters girls. They serve food. Bare legs are a no in the food industry.

Again, feel free to wear what you want but skin tone, nude, suntan pantyhose is NOT "fashionable/stylish" no matter what you tell yourself.
Last hooters I was in all the 20-year-old girls wore pantyhose to fool men w their shorts. Can only men not tell? I knew. This was a few years ago. Hollywood location.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:00 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_me View Post
I see those eggs at the drug store all the time! I've bought really expensive ones and drug store and cannot tell a difference,
They don’t sell them in eggs anymore.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:42 AM

Default true

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Yes, not literal plastic eggs. I supposed I meant an egg shaped box.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:46 AM

Default egg hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
You are correct, in my mind, these had an egg shape. Eggish'

https://www.target.com/p/l-eggs-174-...rch|14496586|2

Old 10-27-2017, 10:43 AM

8,238 posts, read 6,583,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neerwhal View Post

I just can’t believe all these opinions about pantyhose. I mean whether they are in or out, that’s a matter of empirical fact to be verified in Vogue or something, and the rest... I am wearing a flannel shirt and sweatpants and I refuse to believe that pantyhose could be less attractive than that.
But you're reading in and posting in the 'Fashion and Beauty' forum!! LOL So why wouldn't you encounter discussions of fashion and trends! Of course, you would encounter discussions on fashion and fashion trends if you're in the Fashion forum.

And one doesn't need to consult Vogue - one just needs to look around in the world at large or the U.S. at large and view people working and going out and living life and see what they are wearing and on TV shows/programs - and in magazines, yes. But it doesn't need to be empirical.

That's like people who post in the Psychology forum and then say "well, people are all different, and we don't need to explore why they behave the way they do and who knows why they behave in the ways their do?" when that's what psychology is.

Last edited by matisse12; 10-27-2017 at 11:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty