Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:34 AM

1,487 posts, read 783,145 times

Advertisements

Let's start a thread about favorite body lotions, potions creams and butters, and don't forget oils.
Tell me your favorite heavenly smelling body lotions,etc.. and I'll tell you one of mine. It is Bath & Body Works Cucumber Melon!! Oh, you don't even need perfume. This body cream turns into a delighful perfume on your skin, it's just deelish. I have it on right now. Don't wear perfume with this body cream, it will clash, plus you don't need it.
I have to list one more. Crabtree & Evelyn's Rosewater. Thank you for the wonderful Christmas present Cathy.
Ok, tell me some fave body lotions that smell divine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,751,302 times
K. Hall Design’s “Milk”.
Lotion, bath salts, and they have a solid perfume (you can tuck In your purse) that smells better than their cologne.

A subtle, warm, coconut, vanilla and cream fragrance. Perfect for this time of year.

Most of K. Hall’s fragrances are wonderful. Pottery Barn has some of them.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:46 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,497,147 times
B&BW Twilight Woods

Old 01-09-2018, 09:05 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,133,308 times
Love B&BW Orange Ginger. Ulta's Rose Nectarine and Sweet Grapefruit.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:25 AM

50,388 posts, read 64,050,629 times
Yardley Sea Minerals body wash smells yummy to me.
I’m not much for body lotions, but I do spritz a little Shalimar every morning.
I’m pretty fussy about the smell of liquid hand soaps too. I tend towards the spice and herb fragrances, like ginger, rosemary, lime etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:34 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,857,385 times
Right Guard Sport

Old 01-09-2018, 09:58 AM

5,455 posts, read 4,060,534 times
I love scents, anything jasmine, lots of others - the place I work, my boss is allergic to scent :-(. But I do wear it at home or if I am going out somewhere else.

I love all the Chanel scents, right now I have Chanel Allure, wonderful scent and lasts all day!!

Old 01-09-2018, 10:00 AM

16,424 posts, read 12,525,969 times
For the most part, it's a moot point for me. I have a co-worker who is very sensitive to scents, so I can't use a lot of lotions and such. (Annoyingly, she works at home 75% of the time, but we never know when she will grace us with her presence. So much of the time I skip the lotions, it ends up being a day that I didn't have to. But that's a whole different discussion)

When I'm at home, I tend to use The Body Shop's body butters and L'Occitaine's shea cream.

I used to enjoy Bath & Body Works, but I don't know if my preferences have changed or their formulations have changed. Now I find them to be too heavy-handed. Coyingly sweet and/or floral.

On the rare occasions that I'm going somewhere other than work and want a lingering scent, I look to perfumes more than lotions/potions. I have a few small vials of Tocca perfumes that I find very nice.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:06 AM

5,266 posts, read 8,751,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
For the most part, it's a moot point for me. I have a co-worker who is very sensitive to scents, so I can't use a lot of lotions and such. (Annoyingly, she works at home 75% of the time, but we never know when she will grace us with her presence. So much of the time I skip the lotions, it ends up being a day that I didn't have to. But that's a whole different discussion)

When I'm at home, I tend to use The Body Shop's body butters and L'Occitaine's shea cream.

I used to enjoy Bath & Body Works, but I don't know if my preferences have changed or their formulations have changed. Now I find them to be too heavy-handed. Coyingly sweet and/or floral.

On the rare occasions that I'm going somewhere other than work and want a lingering scent, I look to perfumes more than lotions/potions. I have a few small vials of Tocca perfumes that I find very nice.
I hear you on BABW. I’ve never cared for their scents..they always seemed geared toward teens to me, like the female version of Axe, but lately the scents seem to have gotten much stronger and more cloying.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:22 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,497,147 times
*shrugs*

I like smelling like flowers and delectable things. you just apply a little, not a lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty