Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 08:17 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Real hardworking men don't need, or want to, shave any part anywhere but their face, sometimes not even that, because they are men who have better things to do than "dainty up" like women do. A woman is supposed to soft, refined and good to look at so extra shaving is the custom.

IMO only gender confused men , and men who are in the entertainment business, might consider shaving these areas of their body.
Real men shouldn’t shave anything or cut their hair on their heads, either. In fact, real men wouldn’t even bathe. Bathing is too sissified. So is teeth brushing. A real man is all natural.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 08:18 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
But why is it "nicer and cleaner" on women but not on men? Why doesn't unshaved pits on men not suggest that he doesn't take care of himself?
And if it's okay for men to not do it because of the hassle and discomfort, why doesn't the same hold true for women?

Naturally, "real" women have body hair, too.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 01-31-2018 at 08:45 AM..

Old 01-31-2018, 08:25 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,029,628 times
My 2 grown sons are HAIRY monkeys. lol

I don't expect either of them to shave their bodies, and they both take breaks from time to time, from shaving their faces.

But truth be told, if my youngest wanted to maybe...CLIP some of that under arm hair...I think it'd look a lot nicer. LOL

Old 01-31-2018, 08:31 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I like the look of armpit hair on men. My husband had to go for a random drug test at work and the hair on his bread was too short, so they shaved half of one of his armpits and it sure does look funny that way.

Dang, that was funny to read (with all due respect, it's early for me and that was my morning chuckle). Thanks

Old 01-31-2018, 08:35 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,584,601 times
I am not a hairy guy, however I do have some chest hair. I was dating a woman who told me I needed to shave my chest hair. Again, not much hair elsewhere, just the normal areas, but I would NOT shave my armpit hair, nor chest hair. I am what I am. What is the fascination some woman have with hairless men? She also said I should be a Metro Sexual. That was the nail in the coffin.

Old 01-31-2018, 08:41 AM

505 posts, read 502,484 times
Quote:
Real hardworking men don't need, or want to, shave any part anywhere but their face, sometimes not even that, because they are men who have better things to do than "dainty up" like women do. A woman is supposed to soft, refined and good to look at so extra shaving is the custom.

IMO only gender confused men , and men who are in the entertainment business, might consider shaving these areas of their body.
Why is shaving body hair "dainty" if you're a man? I think body hair, for the most party, is messy. I wax my back and shave my chest because I hate the gnarled mess it becomes when it gets too long. A trimmed chest is cleaner, visually.

But thanks for your opinion on what a ~real man~ should look & behave like

Old 01-31-2018, 09:07 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,314 times
Quote:

This is hilarious. My husband is a "real, hardworking man" who shaves under his arms. Shaving underarms reduces the ability for bacteria to breed for both men AND women. This bacteria is what causes the offending odor, so I have NO problem with hairless armpits.

And what is "extra" shaving? LOL

I think you're projecting. Have you seen the movie "American Beauty?" If so, think about the end of the movie.

Old 01-31-2018, 09:13 AM

159 posts, read 287,149 times
A couple swipes with a 1/4" beard trimmer and done (wherever needed!)

Nothing like seeing some dude (in cargo shorts) with deodorant clumps accumulated under his arms. PU!

Old 01-31-2018, 10:26 AM

3,696 posts, read 2,898,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am not a hairy guy, however I do have some chest hair. I was dating a woman who told me I needed to shave my chest hair. Again, not much hair elsewhere, just the normal areas, but I would NOT shave my armpit hair, nor chest hair. I am what I am. What is the fascination some woman have with hairless men? She also said I should be a Metro Sexual. That was the nail in the coffin.
I don't get it either, and I'm female.

I like body hair on men. I don't have a problem with it if a guy doesn't have a lot of hair naturally but I don't get into the shaving.

People can do what they want but I don't get the fascination with hairless bodies. It's not natural.

Yeah, can't say as I blame you for leaving It's hard to stay with someone who won't accept you as you are or tries to make you into something you are not.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:32 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
And men are supposed to be what, gorillas?
I think it's not a bad point the OP raises. I realize men "let it all hang out" and don't shave "there", but it's not a bad idea in hot, sweaty summers. And I'm sure you'd be horrified to know, that these days, men of the younger generations do tend to shave another "there", that didn't used to be the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty