Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 04:09 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Interesting. Non of you have sex that involves touching legs I guess. I am trying to be pretty for my partner, and shaving legs is one of the easier tasks to accomplish. My hair is black, so maybe that's another reason, you'll see it without trying if I am nude.
Does his body hair bother you? Or does he shave as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2018, 05:08 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Blonde and not hairy. I shave when I get around to it.
On a woman with naturally blonde or red hair, a light growth of fine body hair looks good to me.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:16 PM

4,064 posts, read 5,646,222 times
I no longer do. At seventy, I have very few hairs left on my legs and the few left are very light in color. I have trouble seeing any hairs even with very strong light.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:51 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,398,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Gross no.

I shave mine every time I shower.

They skeeve me out if I don't and I'm not hairy either.
Me too. I can’t stand hair on my legs.

Old 02-01-2018, 07:53 PM

1,299 posts, read 823,600 times
Quote:
so all the non shavers - ya'll single??? I cannot imagine getting out of bed in the morning and the light shines on my hairy legs and my partner sees it.
Married 24 years. My husband is way hairier than I am, and he comments often on how smooth my skin is. A bit of non-stubbly leg hair is not an issue. If it’s stubble it feels much rougher than when I don't shave at all for months in the winter.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Gross no.

I shave mine every time I shower.

They skeeve me out if I don't and I'm not hairy either.
Yep, me too. I don't even like it when I cross my legs and I can feel the stubble, it's gotta' go.

Quote:
so all the non shavers - ya'll single??? I cannot imagine getting out of bed in the morning and the light shines on my hairy legs and my partner sees it.
ETA: Single BUT a shaver, can't stand my own stubble!

Old 02-01-2018, 08:37 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,928,264 times
Quote:
My husband was stationed in Germany for a time. He loved it so much he contemplated moving there. My hairy legs and armpits remind him of the girls there. He likes it, he liked the culture there. The people are... different.. not so concerned with this sort of BS is what he says. We're also civil war buffs, where 150 years ago is was quite the norm to not shave your legs (unless you're a prostitute).

Some women may prefer shaved legs for themselves, fine, but what's the big deal if you don't care like me? It's quite obvious that society has taught women to look at other women as a bit odd who don't shave their legs and whatnot. I prefer to not have society do my thinking for me. It tends to cater to the lower denominator is what I've found.

Old 02-01-2018, 08:43 PM

13,754 posts, read 13,326,193 times
Very minimal hair. I think it's the Native American in me. My grandma had very little to no hair on arms/legs. Even in the summer I sometimes forget and you can't tell unless you get a profile of my leg in the sunlight. I try not to forget, though.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:12 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
I only shave mine MAYBE once a month, regardless of season, because:

A. I don't wear shorts or short skirts like EVER, and the only time I'm in a bathing suit is maybe at a private pool/hot tub (like my old apartment complexes or a friend/family member's home).

B. I barely have any body hair, and what I do have is light red/blonde. One of the advantages to being a natural redhead, I suppose.

C. I don't care what other people think about my body, let alone its hair, and only remove what I personally don't like - e.g. I'll pluck the few stray facial hairs I get, and shave my armpits every once in a while. I do shave the legs occasionally too, just when I start to notice it's getting long. But I swear, only I notice given how light and thin it is!

Old 02-01-2018, 09:17 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
Very minimal hair. I think it's the Native American in me. My grandma had very little to no hair on arms/legs. Even in the summer I sometimes forget and you can't tell unless you get a profile of my leg in the sunlight. I try not to forget, though.
I used to date a man who was 50% Tlingit (the other 50% being Mexican), and he had barely ANY body hair! Admittedly, that was one thing I liked most about his physical appearance... just a personal preference, but I'm not a fan of super hairy men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty