Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 06:40 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Thank you for the suggestions!
If you're near a Sephora, you can also go in and tell a clerk that you're looking for a new foundation (or whatever) and you'll walk out with a bunch of samples.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2018, 07:13 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
I wonder if putting foundation in the refrigerator would extend its life. I know since I only wear make-up 2 days a week that it probably goes bad before I finish it.

Old 02-15-2018, 07:32 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times
Haha. Have enjoyed all the posts. Don't wear much makeup these days but -

You know you're old when the ads on the side of Facebook are all about how to camouflage droopy eyelids!

Old 02-15-2018, 07:52 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I wonder if putting foundation in the refrigerator would extend its life. I know since I only wear make-up 2 days a week that it probably goes bad before I finish it.
Once opened and exposed to air, the shelf life of a cosmetic is indicated by the jar icon on the packaging. It will have a 6M, 12M or 18M on the jar, "M" meaning months.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:21 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,054,189 times
Wear lipstick (only when going out), and that's about it. Don't really like dealing with the make-up.

Now, that being written - am near my mid-70s and obviously things have changed a great deal for me.

When much younger I would use blush, eyeliner, mascara, lipstick. . .that was sufficient.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:38 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
I wore makeup throughout high school, college, and even my early years of working. Then I stopped wearing most of it. I haven't worn makeup in over a decade. Not even lipstick or lipgloss. I have Burt's Bees lip balm and that's it. I'm in my 40's and if someone doens't like me not wearing makeup, well that's too damn bad and it's their problem.

Old 02-15-2018, 08:47 AM

841 posts, read 553,505 times
Always. Maybe one day a week when I am staying at home I will skip it. Nothing heavy though - mineral makeup foundation or a CC/BB cream, neutral eyes, filled in brows.

I did not have good skin in adolescence, spent a good amount of time at the dermatologist. Although my breakouts are now infrequent, I do still get them sometimes and I still suffer from some scarring and unevenness in skin tone from them. (I am almost 40 now.) So, foundation really makes me feel better about myself. Also, my thyroid condition took most of my eyebrows, so I look a lot more put together when I fill them in instead of having patches. (I have pale skin and black hair, so it stands out.)

Old 02-15-2018, 09:01 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,819,181 times
I wore makeup every day from the time I was in high school. As I got to my 40s, I enjoyed vacations and weekends when I wouldn't put on any make up. A year and a half ago, I became self employed in a business that involves time outdoors and working with animals. I have worn full make up exactly once, for a business meeting my dad needed me to attend. I do occasionally put on a bit of eyeliner and mascara if we are going out to eat somewhere in the evening, which is very infrequently. I love not wearing it, personally. My face used to break out in ugly pimples several times a month and I'd have to cover those with even more make up, I don't get break outs at all anymore.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,347,410 times
On a day-to-day basis I typically don't wear make-up as I work from home. Some morning moisturizer and another round of chapstick is it.

If I'm making a quick run to the grocery store I'll put on some light foundation and maybe mascara.

If I'm shopping on weekends, I do foundation, blush, eyeliner and mascara. (for me that's kind of full make-up)

If I'm going out with hubby or some social event, I will add a neutral eye shadow and lipstick to the above. I recently started filling in my brows a bit--thinning due to age. For a nicer evening out the eye shadow won't be as neutral--maybe a little gold or plum added in for fun.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:54 AM

666 posts, read 513,003 times
I don't wear makeup at all. It feels unnatural and I always felt it looked weird on me, anyway.

And I put the low in low maintenance. I'm so low maintenance that during that short period when I did wear lipstick, it was using those cheap "mood changing" ones because I'd be too lazy to check myself in a mirror to touch myself up during the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty