Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:37 PM

262 posts, read 307,895 times

Advertisements

Nordstrom and Chico’s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 07:27 AM

37,624 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
...TWO STORES for the next five years, what stores would you choose? STORES - not a designer.

Which and why? to sweeten the pot - you have $300 per day to spend. This does NOT include shoes. You may shop seven days a week.
Target and Home Depot.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:39 AM

3,536 posts, read 12,333,776 times
Quote:
...TWO STORES for the next five years, what stores would you choose? STORES - not a designer.

Which and why? to sweeten the pot - you have $300 per day to spend. This does NOT include shoes. You may shop seven days a week.
Target and Anne Taylor Loft. Target because they have everything, make-up, shoes, underwear, etc. Anne Taylor because I just love their designs.

Old 07-06-2018, 07:40 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Ebay and amazon? Would pretty much cover all the bases.
Amazon and Costco.

Old 07-06-2018, 09:57 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,713,034 times
Any big department store will do, plenty of options and plenty of things to buy. Since the most expensive department store I shopped at is Nordstrom, that will have to do. I am not a fan of Macy but I am not familiar with higher end stores, so can't choose those. Does the $300 disappears every day or can I save it to make big purchase?

IF I can save it & it goes on for months.. then I will save to buy furniture's from Macy, all matching home items. I never had fully matched housewares set because I buy one thing at a time & eventually can't find the design. I love the Royal Albert tea cup set. that is like $300 there. Spend few days worth of money on home section

Then spend few days in purse & accessory section. The shoes too can eat up lots of money. The jewelry are awesome. I can easily spent $300 on makeup for another day. I would use Nordstrom for new wardrobe. Maybe get a massage and hair cut with the money.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:21 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,053,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Any big department store will do, plenty of options and plenty of things to buy. Since the most expensive department store I shopped at is Nordstrom, that will have to do. I am not a fan of Macy but I am not familiar with higher end stores, so can't choose those. Does the $300 disappears every day or can I save it to make big purchase?

IF I can save it & it goes on for months.. then I will save to buy furniture's from Macy, all matching home items. I never had fully matched housewares set because I buy one thing at a time & eventually can't find the design. I love the Royal Albert tea cup set. that is like $300 there. Spend few days worth of money on home section

Then spend few days in purse & accessory section. The shoes too can eat up lots of money. The jewelry are awesome. I can easily spent $300 on makeup for another day. I would use Nordstrom for new wardrobe. Maybe get a massage and hair cut with the money.

OP says this is for clothing only. So no tea cup sets for you, no furniture, no massages.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:22 AM

3,734 posts, read 5,775,588 times
Quote:

Saks and Neiman's, of course! Between the two of them, they have most of the better labels. They're both fashion-forward, and have the better knits - and the natural fibres. Just over 100K ($300 per day) would be about right, actually. In real life, I spend more. But buying off the runway is an ego thing - not a matter of necessity, and I wouldn't suffer at all, just buying OTR.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:57 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Nieman Marcus and Macy's. Or maybe Nordy's.

Old 07-06-2018, 11:00 AM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Saks and Neiman's, of course! Between the two of them, they have most of the better labels. They're both fashion-forward, and have the better knits - and the natural fibres. Just over 100K ($300 per day) would be about right, actually. In real life, I spend more. But buying off the runway is an ego thing - not a matter of necessity, and I wouldn't suffer at all, just buying OTR.
This. You find better tailoring at the higher-end stores. Even if you only shop their sale racks, it's expensive, because it's higher quality; solid-weight fabrics that last, good tailoring, a much bigger selection of natural fibers.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 07-06-2018 at 11:26 AM..

Old 07-06-2018, 12:20 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,029,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Target and Home Depot.
So is there a secret clothing line at Home Depot that I'm missing, or are their paint clothes just that good that people fantasize about owning thousands of dollars worth of white coveralls?

Just curious since every time this type of thread comes up, there are always a few people who choose Home Depot. Nothing against HD! I might choose it too if the game was about buying light fixtures or appliances, but for clothing? It would never even cross my mind as a chocie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty