Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 11:45 AM

6,503 posts, read 3,435,815 times

Advertisements

I can see how some guys might stray away from pull-on wellies because they might be considered juvenile.

Fortunately, Hunter has provided us with an alternative

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...&bmUID=mlvs3ER
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 11:46 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Nobody wears rain boots here either. Mostly too hot for them.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:05 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,963,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
I live in the St. Louis area. I don't see rain boots too often. Here, it seems like you'd be more likely to see snow boots than rain boots.

However, all the times I've been to New Orleans (which so far, has always been in June) I see LOTS of girls and women wearing rain boots. And they're super cute. It's the cutest thing...girls and women wearing their cute sun dresses (lots more dresses in the south, as opposed to where I live) and their cute rain boots.
Funny. I was in Slidell, in the Northshore suburbs of New Orleans, for ten weeks last summer. Didn't quite see the ladies wear rain boots all that much...was probably too muggy for rain boots. The rain is very warm there; flip flops seemed alot more common on rainy days. Boots would be better suited for cold, winter rain.

Didn't notice too many ladies in dresses or skirts. Ironically, I see far more girls here in Southern California wear dresses and skirts than anywhere else I've been.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:15 PM

98 posts, read 137,427 times
Love my rain boots.
Who Dat!!!!!!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	saints boots.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	201376

Old 08-22-2018, 12:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
I see a lot of women and children wearing rain boots on rainy days. I dont think I've ever really noticed men wearing rain boots when out and about so it must not be too common with the men here.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:41 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
I’ve never heard of this brand. Where do you get them?
Oops, there was a typo in that post. I meant, "rainbows", lol. New computer with aggressive auto-correct!

You can look in catalogs like LL Bean, and NormThompson, for flowery boots, stripes or plaids, if that's what you were asking about.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:56 PM

5,266 posts, read 8,746,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Oops, there was a typo in that post. I meant, "rainbows", lol. New computer with aggressive auto-correct!

You can look in catalogs like LL Bean, and NormThompson, for flowery boots, stripes or plaids, if that's what you were asking about.
Lol...I should’ve have realized.
No, I was just wondering since I had t heard of this popular boot brand.

I’m a die-hard LL Beans Maine Hunting boots fan....I’m a former new englander so I’ve worn them for at least 35 years. The grown daughters love Wellies. Started with those because so popular in the horse world and now they are a fashion statement. Though the youngest still prefers the original green color.

Old 08-22-2018, 01:18 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
Nobody wears rain boots here in San Antonio. When it rains here, it rains a lot, but we don't need boots for it. Sometimes people buy boots for their kids but that's just to look cute.

Same here. We had a HUGE rain yesterday. Probably needed waders! lol

Old 08-22-2018, 02:25 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Rain boots, western boots, snow boots and even cow patty boots when out near the pasture.

I recall working in an office the high fashion sales ladies snickered when I came in with my trench coat, umbrella and boots. The nice thing was...I'd be freshened up in five mins and looked comfy. They on the other hand lost half their makeup and there hair went frumpy from daintily running in with no coat or umbrella. My practicality preserved my appearance ..theirs ..no so much. I welcome items that keep a person dry ..from head to toes.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:48 PM

236 posts, read 195,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
Bogs are popular too but not as fashionable. I don’t see many young people wearing them.
I wear Bogs cuz they are well made but then I am far from young
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty