Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 06:52 AM

1,478 posts, read 1,514,775 times

Advertisements

You could wear more sheer black tights with that dress for sure, and navy shoes. It is a different look to solid black heavy tights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 07:22 AM

2,575 posts, read 2,077,558 times
Do not wear pink tights. That dress, imo, won't look right with tights. Just wear a pair of pantyhose

Old 11-09-2018, 07:26 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
With that dress, I'd wear nude hose.

I agree.

And then you could wear pink, beige or navy blue shoes.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:53 AM

841 posts, read 553,695 times
With that dress, I'd be in tights/leggings and boots. But that's a harder color combo to match.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:02 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funisart View Post
https://www.icanstyleu.com/pantyhose-are-back/

You can wear pantyhose and not be considered ancient.
I hope they do come back for some things. I went to a black-tie event in NYC the other night. For most of us Ancient Ones, that meant long dresses, but I noticed a fair number of young women with short dresses (above the knee) and nothing on their legs. More than one of these had thick, white, shapeless doughy legs that would have looked better with even maybe black sheer hose.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:42 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
If you can find them, thigh high hose are so much more comfortable than pantyhose, IMO. No sagging crotch...

Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I hope they do come back for some things. I went to a black-tie event in NYC the other night. For most of us Ancient Ones, that meant long dresses, but I noticed a fair number of young women with short dresses (above the knee) and nothing on their legs. More than one of these had thick, white, shapeless doughy legs that would have looked better with even maybe black sheer hose.

I hate when young women do that and older ones too . I mean maybe they need to go to a class to learn how to dress for things . Honestly cant one of their friends tell them uh no honey you need to put some lycra on those legs LOL .

Old 11-09-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I hate when young women do that and older ones too . I mean maybe they need to go to a class to learn how to dress for things . Honestly cant one of their friends tell them uh no honey you need to put some lycra on those legs LOL .
Part of me feels bad saying it because hey, there shouldn't be anything seen as "wrong" with someone's bare legs, whether they fit a fake standard of beauty or not. It just jars me a bit to see a young woman all decked out in a fancy dress, hair and makeup done, with lovely dress shoes...and in between the hem and and shoes are loose globs of naked white skin gathering over wide knees and thick ankles. Those with thinner, more shapely legs can get away with it a little better, especially if the skirts are below the knee, but I think they'd also look best with some type of hose for a formal event. It looks unfinished. To me. IMO only.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
If you can find them, thigh high hose are so much more comfortable than pantyhose, IMO. No sagging crotch...
I never had luck with them. They don't stay up and end up sagging with the top around the knee. I'm overly tall, but I don't have heavy legs, so I think it may be that the ones long enough for a tall woman are made with the assumption that we are also bigger in the thigh.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:42 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Part of me feels bad saying it because hey, there shouldn't be anything seen as "wrong" with someone's bare legs, whether they fit a fake standard of beauty or not. It just jars me a bit to see a young woman all decked out in a fancy dress, hair and makeup done, with lovely dress shoes...and in between the hem and and shoes are loose globs of naked white skin gathering over wide knees and thick ankles. Those with thinner, more shapely legs can get away with it a little better, especially if the skirts are below the knee, but I think they'd also look best with some type of hose for a formal event. It looks unfinished. To me. IMO only.

my opinion too but I don't think we are alone in this thought . I had one of my friends quote the movie steel magnolias " I have not left this house without lycra on my legs since I was 13 LOL . we all laugh when we hear it but she was making a point why spend all that money on a dress and such and have it look awful with your legs uncovered .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty