Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 12:18 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,771,136 times

Advertisements

I'm not up to date on my symbols. Thank you!
This person used to live near someone I know and I'm wondering what their cover/robe/jacket symbols mean.

See attached.
Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-17-2018 at 08:27 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 12:45 PM

6,305 posts, read 4,199,353 times
It’s a pentagram , possibly Freemason
Freemasonry And The Hidden Goddess: Chapter Nine - The Pentagram

Old 12-15-2018, 12:51 PM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post

The pentagram on the robe has the goat head inside it (plus it's also decorated with inverted crosses,) so it's more likely the occult pentagram symbol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagram

Quote:
Based on Renaissance-era occultism, the pentagram found its way into the symbolism of modern occultists.

Following Anton LaVey, and ultimately based on a drawing by French nobleman and occultist Stanislas de Guaita (La Clef de la Magie Noire, 1897), the Sigil of Baphomet, a pentagram with two points up inscribed in a double circle with the head of a goat inside the pentagram is the copyrighted logo of the Church of Satan.

Old 12-15-2018, 01:12 PM

1,279 posts, read 853,395 times
Looks Satanic- I would stay far away.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:35 PM

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppiesandKittens View Post
Looks Satanic- I would stay far away.
lol. I thought it might have something to do with her maybe being a witch. They were strange. They always had blinds closed...didn't socialize with neighbors.

See attached for new pic. What does that mean?

Is this person then more than likely wiccan? I'll have to do more research. I'm not sure what all that means.

Why I'm asking is her husband, early 30s, just died. She was 10 years older (not that that has anything to do with it). He was not sick. Nothing in obit except where he is being cremated.

.....maybe I've been watching too much Dateline.
Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-17-2018 at 08:28 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 03:27 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,043,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Thanks everyone.

lol. I thought it might have something to do with her maybe being a witch. They were strange. They always had blinds closed...didn't socialize with neighbors.

See attached for new pic. What does that mean?

Is this person then more than likely wiccan? I'll have to do more research. I'm not sure what all that means.

Why I'm asking is her husband, early 30s, just died. She was 10 years older (not that that has anything to do with it). He was not sick. Nothing in obit except where he is being cremated.

.....maybe I've been watching too much Dateline.

The symbol in the first picture is an inverted pentagram. It usually represents satanic forces and evil intent. An inverted pentagram represents the downfall of humankind.

I have my suspicions about the origin of that picture since no true Satanist would ever allow a photograph to be taken of them wearing some sensationalist get-up like that, nor be seen with their hands painted red like that. So I'm thinking the picture is taken of someone in a Halloween costume or it's taken from a scene from a horror movie or TV show or some fantasy magazine or something like that.

A right side up pentagram (point up) represents the protection, healing and upliftment of humankind, nature and environment.

The symbol in the second picture is on a computer generated cartoon picture and is just some imaginary fantasy symbol that means nothing and in real human history it doesn't exist. So essentially there is no such thing except in the picture. It looks like somebody was trying to create a perverted mimicry of the Masonic Seal. They did a poor job of it. Somebody has made up that picture for whatever the fantasy or sci-fi story or comic book was that the picture was created for.

If your neighbor wears or uses an inverted pentagram then she is not a Wiccan or a witch, she is a sorceress (or more likely is a foolish wannabe who thinks she is being a sorceress). And she's not a real satanist because even satanists have standards to maintain and would never allow anyone to see them in a get-up like what's depicted in either of the above pictures.

Wicca is a religion and Wiccans (witches) do not worship satan or any other evil forces and they do not ever wear or use inverted pentagrams for anything. Wiccans may use right side up pentagrams for healing and for protection from evil forces or as a binding seal on a positive invocation or evocation. As I mentioned above, a right side up pentagram (point up) represents the protection, healing and upliftment of humankind, nature and environment.

Yes, you should do some research to gain a better understanding of occult symbols.

Last edited by Zoisite; 12-15-2018 at 03:59 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
The symbol in the first picture is an inverted pentagram. It usually represents satanic forces and evil intent. An inverted pentagram represents the downfall of humankind.

I have my suspicions about the origin of that picture since no true Satanist would ever allow a photograph to be taken of them wearing some sensationalist get-up like that, nor be seen with their hands painted red like that. So I'm thinking the picture is taken of someone in a Halloween costume or it's taken from a scene from a horror movie or TV show or some fantasy magazine or something like that.

A right side up pentagram (point up) represents the protection, healing and upliftment of humankind, nature and environment.

The symbol in the second picture is on a computer generated cartoon picture and is just some imaginary fantasy symbol that means nothing and in real human history it doesn't exist. So essentially there is no such thing except in the picture. It looks like somebody was trying to create a perverted mimicry of the Masonic Seal. They did a poor job of it. Somebody has made up that picture for whatever the fantasy or sci-fi story or comic book was that the picture was created for.

If your neighbor wears or uses an inverted pentagram then she is not a Wiccan or a witch, she is a sorceress (or more likely is a foolish wannabe who thinks she is being a sorceress). And she's not a real satanist because even satanists have standards to maintain and would never allow anyone to see them in a get-up like what's depicted in either of the above pictures.

Wicca is a religion and Wiccans (witches) do not worship satan or any other evil forces and they do not ever wear or use inverted pentagrams for anything. Wiccans may use right side up pentagrams for healing and for protection from evil forces or as a binding seal on a positive invocation or evocation. As I mentioned above, a right side up pentagram (point up) represents the protection, healing and upliftment of humankind, nature and environment.

Yes, you should do some research to gain a better understanding of occult symbols.

Wow, thank you. Well we live near the beach but you may be right. When looking at the first pic closely at her legs and that cloak, it does look photoshopped? That cloak isn't moving and when is there ever no wind at the beach?

Even if that is not her, she has posted that as her profile pic. I take it to be her beliefs. When we'd see her in the yard, she'd be dressed oddly.

So according to the symbols on her coat, you think she is a a sorceress? I'll have to look that up. I don't watch those type movies or keep up with these type things. I just want to know if she worships the devil, is a witch, etc.

This person is 44 years old so don't think she is a wanna-be kid just playing around. This seems to be her life.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 12-15-2018 at 06:59 PM..

Old 12-15-2018, 08:08 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,967,503 times
some people in Soweto wear swastikas.
my opinion is they have no historical references.
this pentagram could be a design feature from a clueless Chinese manufacturer.

Old 12-15-2018, 09:01 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
I'm not up to date on my symbols. Thank you!
This person used to live near someone I know and I'm wondering what their cover/robe/jacket symbols mean.

See attached.
It means she has an instagram and likely dapples in cosplay, performance art, shock art, whatever.

Why do you care?

Old 12-15-2018, 09:02 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,736,880 times
Quote:
Wow, thank you. Well we live near the beach but you may be right. When looking at the first pic closely at her legs and that cloak, it does look photoshopped? That cloak isn't moving and when is there ever no wind at the beach?

Even if that is not her, she has posted that as her profile pic. I take it to be her beliefs. When we'd see her in the yard, she'd be dressed oddly.

So according to the symbols on her coat, you think she is a a sorceress? I'll have to look that up. I don't watch those type movies or keep up with these type things. I just want to know if she worships the devil, is a witch, etc.

This person is 44 years old so don't think she is a wanna-be kid just playing around. This seems to be her life.
Who cares what she believes if she isn't bothering you or yours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty