Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 06:51 PM

8,337 posts, read 2,966,443 times

Advertisements

Men were not meant to have shaven faces and shaving is a pain. Long full beards are awesome. I don't dress for others. I dress for myself and don't care what others think. Beards seem to have become popular in recent years. I guess if you can't grow a beard well it's better to shave.

Old 12-30-2018, 11:08 PM

2,163 posts, read 1,550,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
I would very much like to post photos here (even with the web links to said photos posted as well) but the C-D.com's Term of Service (TOS) appear to forbid posting such photos (even while attributing them to the web links from which they came). So just look at each of the following links to momentarily look at examples of varied celebrity males with crazy bushy beards that lean toward being rather unruly, unkempt, disheveled, et al:

http://www.wetpaint.com/wp-content/u.../01/Beard7.jpg <---- David Letterman

https://www.kansascity.com/entertain...1140/letterman <---- David Letterman

https://www.ranker.com/list/celebrit...elebrity-lists <---- Joaquin Phoenix (scroll down in the article to see his labeled image) <-- Especially take note of Joaquin Phoenix

https://c-7npsfqifvt34x24jnhjyx2esbo...hf_$/$/$/$/$/$ <---- Jim Carrey

The question for you is: I know that all choices for how to present oneself are each person's individual right and their form of expression. Having said that, why do certain males such as these that photos are displayed for by myself (re: David Letterman, Joaquin Phoenix, Jim Carrey) and a host of other males both celebrity and non-celebrity think that this is in any way, shape or form the way to presenting themselves in such a way that any other person of discernment would deem them as attractive or appealing in any way????? That is, if you are a heterosexual woman or even a gay male and look at them as they present themselves, is the way that they choose to present themselves make you want to be love-y dove-y, kiss-y, and intimate with them????? Forget that they are celebrities (and very monied) and pretend that they were just nameless commoners who blend into the mass population of the planet at-large. If you saw them out there in the world looking like this, would YOU desire to be intimate with them? It is OK if you would but just wondering if anyone out there finds this choice of how to present oneself to be sensually appealing at all. Perhaps said males don't really care about being sensually appealing and hence present themselves as this to dampen or turn off any appeal that anyone could feel toward them.

What are your own honest thoughts on their choice of personal appearance (i.e., their crazy bushy beards and facial hair)?
Ehh, to each his own. Personally I don't like fat women who call themselves 'curvy', but some guys do. Have at it, the preferences of others don't bother me.

Old 12-31-2018, 12:40 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,411,405 times
NO. Crazy wild beards are a super strong anti-aphrodisiac.

Nice well-kept beards can enhance some men. Whether a man looks good with a beard is so individual.

Old 12-31-2018, 01:28 AM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Some men who wear mustaches and beards do it because they may have a more feminine face, believing it will make them look more masculine.

Old 12-31-2018, 02:24 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,306,326 times
Lots of beard hating on this thread.

Women are intimidated by man's manliness when man grows a gnarly manly beard. It reminds them that they are not dominant and gives them anxiety because of it.

Men with beards don't care if a woman finds it attractive or not because they know that other women appreciate their manliness and find it sexy. They have no need to compete with their soy boy, latte sipping, clean shaving counterparts for female attention.

Beards have a special power and no one whose ever grown a real one can deny this.

-Signed random guy, with year plus beard growth who sometimes has food particles, beer and chew dripping from his beard.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:02 AM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
I retired this past May and haven't shaved since and lovin it. My hair is still dark and beard is white!

Old 12-31-2018, 05:20 AM

965 posts, read 939,222 times
It depends.
Though a well-kempt (any length) beard is preferable to scraggy biker beard. I don’t even mind the tiny braided, or beads added beards. Make it look like it is on purpose

But a moustache solo, notsomuch, on anyone (I know it is just a “thing” for me).

Btw someone mentioned Jason Momoa, he takes care of that facial hair, that’s the key.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:05 AM

5,194 posts, read 1,873,231 times
I grew a beard for the first time in my life this year. And I'm going to keep it. Why? Nothing to do with fashion or rebellion, but because I look objectively better for it.

I have always had a weak lower facial structure (receding small chin etc), and a compact "baby face" also likened to that of a chihuahua. The beard, at a certain length and neatly groomed, adds maturity and character to my face, so much so that it goes from being a 3/10 to maybe 7/10. I noticed a lot more positive looks from people and whatever anybody thinks, people do judge you by the way you appear.

Other men would also sneer at me and take me less seriously without the beard. Living in my life and seeing the differences it makes in how I'm perceived is enough reason for me to keep it. Not that only, but I personally find it looks far more attractive.

Old 12-31-2018, 08:01 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,863,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman Resu VIII View Post
I grew a beard for the first time in my life this year. And I'm going to keep it. Why? Nothing to do with fashion or rebellion, but because I look objectively better for it.

I have always had a weak lower facial structure (receding small chin etc), and a compact "baby face" also likened to that of a chihuahua. The beard, at a certain length and neatly groomed, adds maturity and character to my face, so much so that it goes from being a 3/10 to maybe 7/10. I noticed a lot more positive looks from people and whatever anybody thinks, people do judge you by the way you appear.

Other men would also sneer at me and take me less seriously without the beard. Living in my life and seeing the differences it makes in how I'm perceived is enough reason for me to keep it. Not that only, but I personally find it looks far more attractive.

Well ok, it's your choice. But please...don't do the following, it's so annoying...

...don't stroke, pull on, twist, curl or otherwise pet your beard. Also: NO FOOD in your beard, yuk. Clean, clean, clean. Don't comb your beard or otherwise arrange it in public.

Unfortunately that requires checking a mirror frequently that I don't associate with a real man. Sure you won't be clean shaven????

Old 12-31-2018, 08:12 AM

6,424 posts, read 4,917,410 times
they are right up there with old men with ponytails and greasy stringy longhair - I hate them all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty