Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 08:28 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times

Advertisements

KA, I had that laser zap to my face also...it worked like a charm, and indeed was gone in less that a week. They did it at my GPs office. I would have more done but I no longer see that GP and I haven't gotten around to it. One side of my face is darker than the other due to the merging of my freckles.

I'm thinking about having my eyes lifted a bit. They are somewhat hooded and have always made me look sad. And now my mouth is drooping and my neck sagging. I keep threatening to go in for a consult but other things keep getting in the way.

If I were married, I probably wouldn't give either possibility a second thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2019, 08:56 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
KA, I had that laser zap to my face also...it worked like a charm, and indeed was gone in less that a week. They did it at my GPs office. I would have more done but I no longer see that GP and I haven't gotten around to it. One side of my face is darker than the other due to the merging of my freckles.

I'm thinking about having my eyes lifted a bit. They are somewhat hooded and have always made me look sad. And now my mouth is drooping and my neck sagging. I keep threatening to go in for a consult but other things keep getting in the way.

If I were married, I probably wouldn't give either possibility a second thought.
Oh, I'm happily married and my husband is five years older than me, but I still want to look as young as possible, for myself. I mean, I don't dye my hair so I think that's part of it - I am just not going to go gentle into that good night!

So glad to hear your zapping worked - mine looks horrible today so that probably means it's working - LOL.

Old 01-05-2019, 10:00 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,680,944 times
In '87 I had liposuction done on my outer thighs when it was still a fairly new procedure. It was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself.

Old 01-05-2019, 11:07 PM

908 posts, read 961,081 times
i've had botox which helped me to stop look like i was angry/tense around my eyebrows. i've had fillers around my marrionnette lines and jowls. made a huge difference. i also use Nuface and a home microroller which i think has helped a lot w/ wrinkles and filling my face a bit more. i did cool sculpting on my stomach once and gave up when they told me i needed a least 15-20 more treatments to see visible results. ain't nobody got time for that

Old 01-05-2019, 11:15 PM

10,348 posts, read 8,564,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
OK, so today, the price was right so I got some "age spots" aka "wisdom marks" (please!) zapped on my hands and one on my cheek. Supposedly they will flake off over the next few weeks so we'll see. I am contemplating coolscupture for my chin - I am genetically predisposed to a double chin and a crepey neck. The coolscupture won't address wrinkles but it will remove the fat pad (which is definitely there) so who knows.

Have you had anything "done" and if so, what would you recommend and what would you avoid like the plague? (Ie, botox - LOL!)
Would the cool sculpture cause more wrinkles if the fat disappears? Would it be more saggy?

Old 01-06-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
Would the cool sculpture cause more wrinkles if the fat disappears? Would it be more saggy?
That's what they don't know - there is a chance of that. It happens in about 1/3 of the cases. Another 1/3, the cool sculpting in the neck area actually seems to tighten up the area, and in another 1/3 it looks the same minus the fat pad.

I don't have a severe issue (yet) and my skin does have good elasticity. However, I do also have some loose skin on my neck. So it may or may not tighten that up. If not, I may end up getting a smaller "neck tuck" or trying some other things like microneedling in that area. I'm OK with those chances since I was mentally prepared for surgery anyway!

Old 01-06-2019, 09:33 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
The cost is prohibitive, but I think I'd have them tighten my facial skin a bit, especially where a student dentist made me hold my mouth wide open for what seemed like hours. Due to that ordeal, I have vertical lines going down from the corners of my mouth.

I would never, ever get botox or get injected with any foreign substance. I would just get some sort of tightening if I could afford it. Neck probably, too. A friend checked into getting it done and found it was way too expensive.
You can get filler that’s natural. I had a fat transfer, where they took fat from me (I picked the sides of my knees) and inject it into the deep lines that go from my nose to the sides of my mouth. I had collagen first but it didn’t last long. My fat transfer was more $$ about $3,000 10 years ago, and you can’t be seen in public for a week or two due to swelling (I looked like a gorilla) but it had a fantastic result and lasted for years.

Old 01-06-2019, 10:46 AM

11,055 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I want to get a breast reduction. I've been talking about it for years but have been hesitating to take the plunge. This year I am going to try to get insurance to pay for it. I believe they will for legitimate medical reasons.
Go for it, baby. It's the best self-improvement deal ever! I can pass the pencil test at age 63, whereas in my 20s I could "hold" a 5-lb. tube of hamburger, or a tape deck.

It's major surgery, no way around that. Drains, tubes, etc. But well worth it! I had a tummy-tuck at the same time, so two huge life-changers. I'll always have the dents in my shoulders though.

Old 01-06-2019, 01:01 PM

18,722 posts, read 33,380,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I want to get a breast reduction. I've been talking about it for years but have been hesitating to take the plunge. This year I am going to try to get insurance to pay for it. I believe they will for legitimate medical reasons.
I had reduction last year at age 64. Insurance paid for it due to nerve pain in my neck from major minimizer bras. I am very happy with the results, both the look and the veritable curing of my back and neck pains (for which I'd been treated for years in chiropractic).

The surgeon's office had me apply for a "Care" credit card and threw in a tummy tuck for half price. The cc is zero percent interest for 18 months.

I found the reduction was barely painful, despite the drains I took home in me. The tummy tuck was brutally painful for weeks and I almost regretted it, but am now of course very pleased I did it at half price ($6k Boston area)

I also found my posture much improved without the weight in the front or bra digging in. I cheerfully found out that my horseback riding improved a lot (Western pleasure) without that front weight.

Old 01-06-2019, 02:31 PM

Update - the age spots on my hands are really looking dark and grody, which means apparently that things are going well. Hope they slough off soon - they look disgusting! Supposedly they will just flake off in a nondescript way - I hope so. I am sick of looking at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty