Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 09:48 AM

422 posts, read 756,998 times

Advertisements

End of an era for Docker pants. yes pants.....lol

I usually wear tactical pants to work but there are times when I
have to wear some nice pants. I have nice pants that fit with suits
but I don't like to ruin them. I don't like Carhartt(yuck) and I don't like
wranglers (double yuck).

Men what is your alternative to docker pants. I have many but this weekend I
went to get some at macy's and JC and I got these LUX stretch dockers most
horrible pants I have ever bought and returned them. The stretch material
lets every lint,hair directly target your pants and they are hard to iron.

Any suggestions I have tried Nautica in the past and they discolored in the second to
third wash.

any suggestions are much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 02:09 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times
You might get more responses in the Fashion and Beauty forum, unless you're specifically asking what pants people in San Antonio are wearing.

My husband wears 5.11 pants, they've got some that just look like regular khakis without the extra pockets. They feel like the tactical pants he prefers but he can wear them everywhere.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
If you live in San Antonio, have a look around Dillards. You should be able to find something good there.

Men seem to want to simply walk in to a place, pick up a couple of things, pay and walk out.

You need to try on several brands, I imagine, to know what brand(s) fit you best. So, take your time, and look around. Dillards carries several brands for men. They tend to have a good shoe department, as well.

Once you know what brand and style pant works for you, you can order from Dillards if you want to.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:33 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,107,880 times
Men still wear dockers?

Yuck.

Hideous.

Old 07-02-2019, 05:39 PM

5,521 posts, read 8,771,334 times
Try chinos or khakis at a Banana Republic or Gap because they come in so many different fits: skinny, slim, straight, athletic, relaxed. Gap sizes run a bit larger and Banana Republic a bit slimmer (and more expensive). Most will have some degree of stretch, which will take some getting used to. First time I tried any pants with stretch I hated them. But now I do find them much more comfortable. But once you find your fit--and you have a lot of choices here--don't buy anything else.

Old 07-02-2019, 06:47 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
Well, I buy all my business casual pants from LL Bean. They have pleated (for those of us with a vital life force, who exercise vigorously, perform hard physical work, and enjoy our food and drink enthusiastically) and unpleated (for those of you whose skinny little legs and neurasthenic bodies can't fill up a man's clothes) so you ought to be able to find something that fits.

Old 07-03-2019, 04:26 AM

422 posts, read 756,998 times
thanks for the suggestions will check them out.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:18 AM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,259 posts, read 4,332,943 times
Don't mind me, I'm just here to see how "important" and "pants" can be used in the same sentence.

Old 07-03-2019, 05:58 AM

6,362 posts, read 4,187,402 times
My number one favorite manufacturer for pants or shorts ( other than for physical work ) are Kuhl. I absolutely love the styles, fabrics, fit, amount of stretch and phone pocket. I also love their shirts, vests and jackets as they fit well if you have an athletic build.

My next choice for pants, or more rugged and heavier ones would be Mountain Khakis.

Check out their websites❗️

Old 07-03-2019, 08:07 AM

65 posts, read 50,203 times
You have to look around, but sometimes Land's End, LL Bean, and Eddie Bauer sell lightweight wool pants which are very nice and not too pricey. They are a step above casual, but not formal. You can wear these in the summer because as lightweight wool they breathe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty