Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 05:51 AM

10 posts, read 18,977 times

Advertisements

I'm always searching for summer shoes/sandals that good on my flat feet Any good suggestions? I usually try to wear avoid a flip flop but love them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 06:07 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
It really depends on whether you are going for comfort AND attractiveness (in the shoe) or just comfort. I tried on some very comfortable sandals when I was at DSW last week but I just couldn't bring myself to buy them. They looked like something my mother would wear and I'm not quite ready for that yet. I wish I could remember the brand because if I had a trip planned in a warm climate I would probably get them. I also have flat feet so I avoid shoes with heavy arch supports as they hurt my feet.

If you are really interested I could send you a picture if I can figure out how to do that on here.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:54 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
If you like some support for your feet, I recommend Aetrex. You might be able to find a local retailer that carries them, or you can order a couple of pairs from Zappos to try on. The shoes have soft support, which I find to be comfy.

You can certainly, take a look at styles at the Zappos site to get an idea.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:47 AM

1,517 posts, read 990,346 times
Chacos.

Old 03-03-2020, 11:09 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,103,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleochatra View Post
I'm always searching for summer shoes/sandals that good on my flat feet Any good suggestions? I usually try to wear avoid a flip flop but love them!!
Whatever you buy, buy GOOD shoes.

Cheap shoes are horrible for your feet.

Old 03-03-2020, 11:24 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,219,316 times
Dansko sandals are supportive. Teva sandals are too, the ones with a stiffer sole. I found their flip flops to be not supportive enough. Keen sandals have some arch support, they're supportive enough for me to kick around in, not for long walks. There's always Birkenstocks, which I didn't like myself when I tried a pair. The flat as a pancake sole, without any "rocker" to it wasn't great for walking. And, although I never got my pair of Birkenstocks wet, I wore them to the beach once or twice, and that apparently was enough to cause the buckles to corrode so badly they just fell apart after a year or two.

Old 03-03-2020, 12:45 PM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
I have extremely flat feet. Most shoes and sandals are fine. It is a misconception that people with flat feet need a big hump in the middle of the arch. That just gives you plantar fasciitis.

Old 03-03-2020, 03:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
I have extremely flat feet. Most shoes and sandals are fine. It is a misconception that people with flat feet need a big hump in the middle of the arch. That just gives you plantar fasciitis.
Actually a strong Birkentstock arch support is what finally cured my plantar fasciitis a number of years ago. I have lifelong flat feet which pronate. I find arch supports in shoes much more comfortable than shoes without.

If you do not pronate, it might well be that you don't need an arch support for comfort.

I walk a track in my community gym. I notice many, many people who pronate. It is common. And years of walking with this issue causes problems with knees.

Old 03-03-2020, 06:41 PM

9,145 posts, read 14,762,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
When I went to the doctor for plantar fasciitis, they sent me to a place to make custom orthotics, which consist of a solid plastic piece right in the arch to give it support. Maybe you’re right, or maybe the doctor and my own experience where I can actually run some and work out without pain now says the arch support is good.

To the OP, try some Olukai flip flops. They’re just about the only ones I can wear.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:56 PM

7,682 posts, read 1,270,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
If you like some support for your feet, I recommend Aetrex. You might be able to find a local retailer that carries them, or you can order a couple of pairs from Zappos to try on. The shoes have soft support, which I find to be comfy.

You can certainly, take a look at styles at the Zappos site to get an idea.
I second Aetrex. I got a pair of Aetrex sandals and they have a much better arch support than most shoes.

People have sworn by Vionix which also have a high arch but I personally don't find them very comfortable or well made.

If you have the bucks invest in a pair of Finns--I think that they're the most comfortable shoes on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty