Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2019, 07:26 AM

29 posts, read 51,009 times

Advertisements

A few years ago, when I got 30 years old, I pierced both of my ears. And started wearing hoop earrings. Like some friends of me. They pierced their ears before and said that hoops would look good on me too.

In fact was a birthday gift from my girlfriend. I wanted earrings from a long time, but never dared to wear them. I thought it was something for women. She said that was something just in my mind. And that I had to take a close look at those friends.

In the beginning it was very odd wearing earrings. I didn't felt compliance with them. But when I got used to my earrings, I was very happy. And started loving my hoops. So I regretted that didn't pierce my ears earlier.

But since a few months I want to wear other earrings, big hoops, like my girlfriend does. I really love her hoops and think they make her very hot. When I talked to her about it she had to smile. And let me try her hoops for an evening.

It made me very nervous. I never had any other earrings in my ears than my normal hoops. Not even for fun, like some other guys do. And now I was wearing big hoop earrings. Placed by my girlfriend.

After a while it felt great. And I wanted to wear them more often. So I said to her that I wanted big hoop earrings by myself too.

She had no problem with that. But she also said that other people would think different about that. And that I would have a very hard time wearing big hoop earrings. Especially in the beginning, when people see me for the first time with big hoop earrings.

Off course I know that. And that bothers me. So I'm not sure about what to do.

So what do you think, should I give it a try? And change my hoops of about 1 inch for hoops of about 2, 2,5, or even 3 inch (the hoops my girlfriend has and I love the most).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-29-2021 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: Merged 2 threads on same topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2019, 07:57 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,017,949 times
I think this is one of those things that is TOTALLY up to you. If you want to, do it. :-) Yes...maybe people will look at you funny...and then you have to ask yourself if you're up to the challenge or not. Is it a fashion risk? Honestly...I don't know. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Do your thing. :-)

Old 12-03-2019, 08:19 AM

Yeah. A close friend, with who I shared my idea, advised me to start with a bit bigger hoops than I have now. Of about 1,25 or 1,5 inch. So I can see what the criticism does with me. When I feel good/comfortable with these size of hoops, I can try bigger hoops. Or go back to my hoops of about 1 inch big.

The advantage of this is that people may be even notice it. Or ask smoothly questions like "Have your earrings grown"? But it will taken a while before I can wear really big hoop earrings.

Old 12-03-2019, 08:50 AM

2,159 posts, read 1,663,104 times
How long is your hair? You can wear anything you are comfortable wearing (and hang on to that woman ) but I think other people will be most accepting if your earrings match your general style

Old 12-03-2019, 09:03 AM

I think that's a problem too. It's not very short, but not long either. On top about 3 inch long. And that by far the longest.

My opinion is that my hair should grown first, will it match with hoop earrings. Otherwise it will look silly, I guess. I don't like women with short hair who wear big hoop earrings too. At least when its not very long at the top.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:20 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,955,169 times
I find earrings on guys ugly but you do you. And your gf likes it, so ... who cares what others think?

Do what makes you happy. Yes, you will get odd looks and comments, you have to grow a thick skin. I had a spike piercing outside under my lower lip in my 20s. People stared and made comments, so what. I liked it.

Old 12-03-2019, 09:33 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,444,730 times
Nah. Stick to 1/2 inch rounds.
Seen how long hoops can tear the ear lobe ..not stunning.

Old 12-03-2019, 10:30 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,571,902 times
If you are asking tho.......it makes me think you aren't that comfortable with it.........

Why not just stick to what you have?

I don't like hoops on guys because I like a professional look on a man...or a rough casual look......but if you & your girlfriend like it.....you are the 2 that matter............

Old 12-03-2019, 10:31 AM

37,593 posts, read 45,966,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post
A few years ago, when I got 30 years old, I pierced both of my ears. And started wearing hoop earrings. Like some friends of me. They pierced their ears before and said that hoops would look good on me too.

In fact was a birthday gift from my girlfriend. I wanted earrings from a long time, but never dared to wear them. I thought it was something for women. She said that was something just in my mind. And that I had to take a close look at those friends.

In the beginning it was very odd wearing earrings. I didn't felt compliance with them. But when I got used to my earrings, I was very happy. And started loving my hoops. So I regretted that didn't pierce my ears earlier.

But since a few months I want to wear other earrings, big hoops, like my girlfriend does. I really love her hoops and think they make her very hot. When I talked to her about it she had to smile. And let me try her hoops for an evening.

It made me very nervous. I never had any other earrings in my ears than my normal hoops. Not even for fun, like some other guys do. And now I was wearing big hoop earrings. Placed by my girlfriend.

After a while it felt great. And I wanted to wear them more often. So I said to her that I wanted big hoop earrings by myself too.

She had no problem with that. But she also said that other people would think different about that. And that I would have a very hard time wearing big hoop earrings. Especially in the beginning, when people see me for the first time with big hoop earrings.

Off course I know that. And that bothers me. So I'm not sure about what to do.

So what do you think, should I give it a try? And change my hoops of about 1 inch for hoops of about 2, 2,5, or even 3 inch (the hoops my girlfriend has and I love the most).
If your girlfriend likes it, okay. Personally I would not be okay with it, it looks gay.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:21 AM

220 posts, read 196,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If your girlfriend likes it, okay. Personally I would not be okay with it, it looks gay.
so what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty