Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:01 AM

355 posts, read 1,376,759 times

Advertisements

I mean, aren't the age spots, wrinkles, skin tags, etc. all inevitable, or for the most part, unavoidable?

All the creams, water, vitamins, exercise in the world wont stop the future aches and pains and the sagging skin...why do we even bother? At some point, we will all become the brunt of someone else's jokes. Shouldnt we just accept it rather than fight it?

I dunno, maybe Im just having a bad day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 11:16 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,514,656 times
Years ago I told my husband I wanted to get a face lift. He didn't say a word....
Until about two day's later, just out of the blue, he said...
I want me and you to grow old together.
I have not gave it another thought!
We just try to keep eat right and stay as fit as we can.
Okie

Old 09-20-2008, 11:17 AM

1,149 posts, read 2,514,656 times
eat=eating
*blush*

Old 09-20-2008, 11:19 AM

1,464 posts, read 1,027,041 times
I feel ya! I really do!
There is simply no magical cream, procedure or potion that can make a huge difference.

Many things that we don't have control over are surely inevitable...
as is the final outcome...of course.

So, I just remind myself, that I am going to take control of those things I
am able to make a difference in for myself.

I simply eat well, exercise, drink plenty of water, use sun block,
take a vitamin, wash with a mild soap, keep stress to a minimum,
(or my reaction to it), and keep my mind active.

This minimizes aches and pains and helps me feel better everyday.
Also helps me cope when things are not going well.

A big smile is better than any cream or age-defying potion!

Hang in there...

Old 09-20-2008, 11:21 AM

3,871 posts, read 17,105,303 times
Great point, OP! A is A. What is, is.
Therefore, wouldn't it be more fun, fascinating, infinitely less expensive, and have real long-term and lasting personal benefits, to study, think, muse, pursue the real questions of life -- as well as other knowledge and wisdom that are richly available to the human mind? Pursuits that enhance and enrich us, expand our spirit and our joy. Now those are things we can actually control and enjoy more and more through the years! Yeah!

Old 09-20-2008, 12:28 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Do not go gently into the night...

Old 09-20-2008, 03:11 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
The harder people try, the more obvious it is.

Why not enjoy life and not worry about the appearance of age-specific "problems"?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,955,920 times
I'm not into all the creams, etc. - I rarely even wear makeup. But one thing I don't sacrifice and won't until I just can't do it any longer - is exercise.
I love seeing older people who are really fit - active and enjoying life. Those are the people at 90 years old still out doing their own gardening - and looking healthy and happy.
So yes, at some point I'll be a pile of dust - but while I'm not, I'd rather be able to enjoy life rather than be sitting some where complaining about aches and pains.
I'm 40 and run 4 miles a day. We eat pretty healthy. When I can't run any longer, I'll go on longer walks - or swim - or something - I don't know but exercising is something I hope to never stop!

Old 09-22-2008, 08:11 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,660 times
I have such respect for actresses like Helen Mirren who mature gracefully w/out all the crazy surgeries and procedures. I'm sure she takes marvelous care of herself but you never get the impression that she is fighting the aging process, but embracing it. Gorgeous woman!

http://mvff.com/files/images/Helen_Mirren_web.preview.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-22-2008, 08:59 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,144,723 times
Can you dye your hair and still be aging gracefully? I'd say that would be as contradictory as botoxing your face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty