Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,311,780 times

Advertisements

I don't see anything about it on their website....heard so much great things about the line but it's not available in this country yet, so I was going stock up when I come out to S. Carolina at the end of Spring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2009, 08:24 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I don't see anything about it on their website....heard so much great things about the line but it's not available in this country yet, so I was going stock up when I come out to S. Carolina at the end of Spring.
No idea...but doesn't Sephora carry them? That's where I bought it.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:39 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,376,685 times
Hello, one thing I did notice about these products, I was going to buy but never did, was the ingredients are unfortunately not all natural. I was surprised at the chemicals in them. I was so excited to finally try out some of the products, in particular the lotion/body butter or whatever. I went looking for the scent I had sampled around Christmas and found they didn't have that scent in stock, and hadn't for a while. The clerk didn't know when/if they were getting more. I tried to find something else I liked but to no avail.

I know this line has big celebrity financial backing and endorsements and I wanted to love it, but upon closer inspection it was a no go for me. AND, to boot, the price was sort of out of the stratosphere for what I thought was typical for a lotion. Don't quote me, but I think the lotion was $28 bucks . That is too much, especially for something that is not all natural ingredients with a predominent shea butter base. I think the dominant ingredient was mineral oil, which is a cheaper, less desireable oil.

I have found another product that I like, well I should say, love.

Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
No idea...but doesn't Sephora carry them? That's where I bought it.
I live in the UK and it's not over here yet.

Old 03-08-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhousegirl View Post
Hello, one thing I did notice about these products, I was going to buy but never did, was the ingredients are unfortunately not all natural. I was surprised at the chemicals in them. I was so excited to finally try out some of the products, in particular the lotion/body butter or whatever. I went looking for the scent I had sampled around Christmas and found they didn't have that scent in stock, and hadn't for a while. The clerk didn't know when/if they were getting more. I tried to find something else I liked but to no avail.

I know this line has big celebrity financial backing and endorsements and I wanted to love it, but upon closer inspection it was a no go for me. AND, to boot, the price was sort of out of the stratosphere for what I thought was typical for a lotion. Don't quote me, but I think the lotion was $28 bucks . That is too much, especially for something that is not all natural ingredients with a predominent shea butter base. I think the dominant ingredient was mineral oil, which is a cheaper, less desireable oil.

I have found another product that I like, well I should say, love.
You're kidding me? So it's all hype, glossy branding and celeb endorsements? . I went to the web site and saw some yummy looking lotions and thought great, a Black owned company I can support, but I'm not paying that sort of money for shea and mineral oil.

The only products I use for face and body is The Body Shop and been a loyal customer for 30 years (oh my gawd it's that long). Love their products their pricing, their business ethics and all the positive things they promote globally and within the community...

Old 03-08-2009, 11:49 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I live in the UK and it's not over here yet.
Not even online? At Sephora.com? Man I thought they shipped all over!

Old 03-08-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Not even online? At Sephora.com? Man I thought they shipped all over!
Sephora.com do not ship to other countries. I see they have other sites in Europe, but I don't read any of the languages to figure out where they ship to...I assume only to their country, however I believe there is a Sephora at a Mall in West London, but from what I hear they don't stock Carols Daughter and the one site that use to kinda still does, but you can't order it via their shopping basket. Got to send email, then they contact you then it takes 7- 10 days for the order to be shipped. Which means they probably have to order it and then ship to you. Phew! I just get tired thinking about it. Will stick to what I can get easily and check out a Sephora store while I am in the US in May.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:40 AM

5,979 posts, read 19,902,939 times
I saw it being promoted the other at HSN.com. See if they ship to the UK if Sephora does not. Here's the link

http://beauty.hsn.com/carols-daughte...ev=hp&ocm=sekw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty