Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:04 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,663,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucked View Post
1) Are there any places which get rid of, for men
-Chest/Back/Neck hair
besides the expensive methods of laser and the painful waxing?

2) Are there any places that would shave/cut body hair?
-If so where?
-If not, why?

3) How long, in general, would waxing last?
-When I use nair, it's 2 weeks before it begins to bud back.
Laser hair removal is only about $200 per visit for one area. It'll add up to over $1,000, but that's a hell of a lot more saved in convenience and ease to my way of thinking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 03:52 AM

285 posts, read 927,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecovringKrspyKremeAddict View Post
Ouch!..the epilator! Now I think THAT would be worse than waxing!
Any of these 2 methods are painful at first, my thoughts are that waxing would be more painful because the wax pulls on the skin as well as the hair. the epilator only pulls on the hair.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:53 AM

91 posts, read 139,099 times
Default oh my, this is just weird...

I don't know about you guys, but this guy in this picture sure could use a good waxing! Have you ever seen such a thing???? Oh my goodness!
http://thedirty.com/ArmyUploads/2009/01/18/DIRTY_phpCtwmR1.jpg (broken link)

Last edited by rubybelle; 03-31-2009 at 11:14 AM.. Reason: took picture off replaced with link

Old 03-31-2009, 06:37 PM

17 posts, read 61,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
Estheticians are people certified to remove body hair. They also do facials, eyebrows, anything involving the skin. Males generally get waxed. Your hair needs to be at least 1/4 inch long for the wax to work.
1) How painful is waxing?
2) How well and long does it work?
3) How can I find a good one near were I live?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:42 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bypass10 View Post
(1) More painful than a friendly just-for-fun spanking, less painful than at-home dental work.
(2) It's very effective ... you'll be smooth as a baby. I didn't find it to be especially long-lasting. Started stubbling up within what - a week?
(3) Google is your friend.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:43 PM

285 posts, read 927,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubybelle View Post
I don't know about you guys, but this guy in this picture sure could use a good waxing! Have you ever seen such a thing???? Oh my goodness!
http://thedirty.com/ArmyUploads/2009/01/18/DIRTY_phpCtwmR1.jpg (broken link)
He needs more than a good waxing! LOL

Old 07-30-2009, 08:43 PM

626 posts, read 1,348,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bypass10 View Post

1) every person is different therefore what one might consider excruciatingly painful another might actually enjoy (think tattoos.... some people cry, some love it)
2) every person is different therefore ones hair might start showing stubble in a week whereas another might make it the whole 6 weeks without growing any out (6 weeks is supposedly the max though)
3) just like Timm said...Google is your friend, or they have this thing called the yellow pages that kinda old school where you can look up businesses and stuff
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty