Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2009, 09:27 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times

Advertisements

I am wondering what is with all these fur collard jackets and hoodies I am seeing more and more men wearing. I am sorry but this makes me laugh every time I see it. It seems they are getting larger and larger in size each month and more and more popular...seriously...guys wear these and think they look good?

What makes me laugh even more is when these guys act like tough guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:08 AM

412 posts, read 1,752,095 times
I think that they are part of the winter attire for a lot of teen sub-cultures. "Emo/scene" kids wear them mostly. Also, it is part of the more classy hip-hop look (which has come out more recently, opposed to baggy "ghetto" clothes), celebrities such as Mariah Carey, and Chris Brown often wear that style jacket, as well as like Kanye West. They are just in fashion, but sort of "last year". I am sure they will come back somewhat this winter though. And I don't know about that tough thing, I really haven't seen any guys that are wearing these jackets acting "tough"... but I didn't really talk to them either, so I wouldn't know, would I? It is in fashion, and eventually it will go out. Personally, I like them, I think they reminiscence of the seventies soviet inspired fur winter wear.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:13 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,353,419 times
I think it is nice on a girl...but a guy? not so much...its like guys wearing jeans that look painted on...i dont get it...lol

Old 06-22-2009, 02:46 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,468 times
I have a white winter jacket with a fur collar. I love it, and get compliments on it all the time, but I'm not so sure about guys wearing them! I haven't been able to warm up to guys in skinny jeans either, so maybe it's just me!!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 PM

412 posts, read 1,752,095 times
Just to add to this, I remembered earlier today, a few years ago I read an article in the wall street journal about people that fashion designers higher that go to "trendy" but smaller cities and spot trends. The example they used in the article was fur collared hoodies. It was discovered in Austin, Texas. The people who work for the designers found in 2006 that fur collared hoodies seemed to be particularly popular in Austin, and that it was floating around to other cities similar like Seattle. So they put them into production for the 2009 season. That is how a lot of trends start. If you are interested other cities these people worked in included, Austin, Seattle, Boulder, San Francisco, Miami, Detroit, and a few others I don't quite remember. They also work in Osaka and other cities in Japan aside from Tokyo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty