Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 06:53 AM

412 posts, read 1,752,095 times

Advertisements

Okay I understand if your wearing them for practical reasons. And they are not in fashion because they have not been featured in any designers or high-fashion denim collections for years. I don't care if you don't stay in fashion, then you can wear them fine IDC. I just hate people that act like they care and know so much about clothing and trends and such and then wear them. It makes me want to vomit. And I think they are unflattering because I think that the thighs are one of the most unattractive areas on the body and boot cut jeans tend to hug the thigh. I lived in Moscow for one year and I am from France, I have lots of family there, and I go back there once or twice a year, they would NEVER wear boot cut jeans. I have no problem if you are wearing them for practical reasons, that is part of life. It is just SO annoying when someone claims to be so in and brags about all their luxurious clothes and shopping sprees and then wears something that is not considered in fashion. It doesn't matter if they are popular. Birkenstocks and popular and they aren't in fashion. Beside, they are so Chav! You might as well wear them with uggs and a trucker cap. How is that in fashion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 07:05 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaipur View Post
Okay I understand if your wearing them for practical reasons. And they are not in fashion because they have not been featured in any designers or high-fashion denim collections for years. I don't care if you don't stay in fashion, then you can wear them fine IDC. I just hate people that act like they care and know so much about clothing and trends and such and then wear them. It makes me want to vomit. And I think they are unflattering because I think that the thighs are one of the most unattractive areas on the body and boot cut jeans tend to hug the thigh. I lived in Moscow for one year and I am from France, I have lots of family there, and I go back there once or twice a year, they would NEVER wear boot cut jeans. I have no problem if you are wearing them for practical reasons, that is part of life. It is just SO annoying when someone claims to be so in and brags about all their luxurious clothes and shopping sprees and then wears something that is not considered in fashion. It doesn't matter if they are popular. Birkenstocks and popular and they aren't in fashion. Beside, they are so Chav! You might as well wear them with uggs and a trucker cap. How is that in fashion?
What the heck triggered such hatred for boot cut pants/jeans and those who wear them!?! LOL

As far as I know, most premium denim companies are still designing and manufacturing boot cut styles. They're pretty much a staple in here in the US and I don't foresee them going anywhere anytime soon. Sorry.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:21 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
I pretty much stick to high end jeans only, and only wear boot cut or straight leg. And I'm not sure what you mean about them being tight in the thigh, that is just the size that is too small, not necessarily the cut. So if all these high end companies are manufacturing them, they can not be so 1995!! David Kahn, 7 for Mankind, Hudson, True Religion, etc are just some of the brands that I have that are boot cut!

I do own some skinny jeans, and I have the body to wear them (not being conceited just true), however I feel they are more appropriate for my teen, not me!

Old 08-20-2009, 08:14 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
I know this is the beauty and fashion thread and all, but I think you're taking it much too seriously. I don't understand why someone else's choice of jeans style could make you want to vomit...

Basically, fashions come and go based on what the most persuasive person in the room is saying at the time. That and clothing manufacturers spending millions to create new trends so they can sell more clothes. What's fashionable isn't written in stone anywhere.

I'm old enough to have seen hip huggers, bell bottoms, skinny jeans and long flowy sun dresses all come, go, and come back again. You're going to get an ulcer if you take it all too seriously.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:16 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Okay I understand if your wearing them for practical reasons....... I don't care if you don't stay in fashion, then you can wear them fine IDC.
Whew! Such a relief!

Old 08-20-2009, 09:48 AM

29,747 posts, read 34,396,829 times
There's a difference between fashion and style. Many people would look ridiculous in the skinny pants and leggings that are fashionable right now. Boot cut and straight leg pants are more flattering on more people, and many stylish people will continue to wear them.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:48 AM

7,785 posts, read 18,830,750 times
Quote:
Okay I understand if your wearing them for practical reasons. And they are not in fashion because they have not been featured in any designers or high-fashion denim collections for years
I can't remember the last time I gave a damn about what designers or high-end fashion magazines thought. "Fashion" does not have to mean "what designers think you should wear" - that's fashionable and trendy.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:06 PM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
I don't care if you don't stay in fashion, then you can wear them fine IDC.
Well, now I can sleep well at night, knowing you don't care....

Old 08-20-2009, 12:17 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,585,020 times
I had heavy classmates using the skinnies last semester ... not flattering for them, definitely. But they are in fashion!

Who cares about that! Boot-cut in this home too! yeehaw!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
I would so love to see your wardrobe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty