Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2010, 05:17 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
I can clearly see that the concept of "family" are we know to be isn't something that you can understand.
No, I don't understand your warped idea of it.

My family raised me to question the world around me and to come to my own conclusions through research and observation. They taught me to not fear coming to a different opinion than theirs. That is what binds us together, not fear of being ostracized, unlike how your family seems to operate. Neither of my parents have tattoos, but I know that when I get mine - and the first is coming up on Monday - that they're not going to make me feel like some kind of big disappointment because I made a decision they might not agree with.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:40 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,017,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
No, I don't understand your warped idea of it.

My family raised me to question the world around me and to come to my own conclusions through research and observation. They taught me to not fear coming to a different opinion than theirs. That is what binds us together, not fear of being ostracized, unlike how your family seems to operate. Neither of my parents have tattoos, but I know that when I get mine - and the first is coming up on Monday - that they're not going to make me feel like some kind of big disappointment because I made a decision they might not agree with.
I was also raised with the same standards.
My father taught me to always question authority, especially when it came from shrill lockstep conformists that state that their view is the only correct one.
My mother taught me the concept of "just because thats the way its always been done", doesnt make it right.
They also taught me the concept of valuing an individuals freedom of choice, and not bowing down to pressure to conform.
My parents and grandparents are all highly educated, as am I.
It is my opinion that the more educated one becomes, whether formally schooled or not, the more free your mind becomes.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:56 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Interesting to see this one still going.

Tightwad seems to be a master of stirring the pot to get a reaction, I wonder if he could teach me troll-fu for self defense?

For the record, I find that women who take care of themselves (read: excercise, healthy living) in combination with having good work done amplifies the sexiness SO much.. at least for me, that is

Old 06-03-2010, 01:25 AM

5 posts, read 5,907 times
Ok, I neither oppose nor support your view about tatoos. You see it is a equitable choice depending on everyone's favorite. Some like it as its attractive and bardian. While some people don't like it and won't have them.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:15 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
For all the tattooed people participating in this thread.....

Today is National Tattoo Day!!!

Old 06-03-2010, 11:37 AM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
For all the tattooed people participating in this thread.....

Today is National Tattoo Day!!!
Is it really? I guess I'm going to be celebrating it a little bit late, then!

Old 06-03-2010, 06:33 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,154,350 times
I personally don't care for them that much. I only have one and it isn't big, and wish I didn't get it. I got it about 18 years ago. Sometimes I think they look awful on people. But every now and then I'll see some chick who doesn't look bad with one or two..I always think better her than me. Then I think of them as trendy. I think she will look crappy with them when her skin sags.

So I guess I really don't like them either. But to each his own. I've dated women with them so it's not that big a deal. They can look trashy on some and depending what it is and where it is. I just prefer normal skin on people. I wish I didn't have the one I have. Having one never propelled me to want more, if anything it has made me regret getting it.

I definately think "some" people overdue it and it looks so tacky. Especially the full sleave thing. I know some girls like them on guys. My sister happens to like guys with them. I don't get it, she's so conservative and would never have one herself, but she thinks they are sexy on men. My girlfriend doesn't care for them.

It comes down to each his own.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:56 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,212,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Is it really? I guess I'm going to be celebrating it a little bit late, then!
Who decides these "days" I have no idea but every day is a National (something) Day....today is also National Itch Day. (Yes, really!) Some of them are just silly, like National Chocolate Truffle Day but a "special" day for an itch???? Makes me want to start scratching something.....

Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,687,683 times
Went to the grocery store yesterday and saw something interesting. There was an older many with white hair stocking shelves that had a tattoo on each forearm in the style of the past. The thing I noted about these tattoo's was that so much time had passed that the tattoo's were now blobs of blue colored skin with no design shapes to see left at all.

Then on the way out to the car I saw a young mom & dad with toddlers in tow going in. Both parents were sucking on cigarettes and were covered in tattoo's. The car they got out of was an old tired beater that looked to be ready to die in the parking lot. The toddlers were dirty and sickly looking. All in all a sorry lot to see.

Now the parents had money for tattoo's and cigarettes but not for better care for the kids or for their accommodations. The parents also looked like crap making both of them pretty much unemployable so it's a good guess they are welfare cases that the public pays for. The kids will more than likely follow in their parents mold as kids do to become tattooed welfare case's also. And so it goes............

Is this post judgemental ? No. If anything it is an observation of facts that pertain to tattoo's and those who have them.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Went to the grocery store yesterday and saw something interesting. There was an older many with white hair stocking shelves that had a tattoo on each forearm in the style of the past. The thing I noted about these tattoo's was that so much time had passed that the tattoo's were now blobs of blue colored skin with no design shapes to see left at all.

Then on the way out to the car I saw a young mom & dad with toddlers in tow going in. Both parents were sucking on cigarettes and were covered in tattoo's. The car they got out of was an old tired beater that looked to be ready to die in the parking lot. The toddlers were dirty and sickly looking. All in all a sorry lot to see.

Now the parents had money for tattoo's and cigarettes but not for better care for the kids or for their accommodations. The parents also looked like crap making both of them pretty much unemployable so it's a good guess they are welfare cases that the public pays for. The kids will more than likely follow in their parents mold as kids do to become tattooed welfare case's also. And so it goes............

Is this post judgemental ? No. If anything it is an observation of facts that pertain to tattoo's and those who have them.

You have stated assumptions and nothing more. I've never denied that there are slackers with tattoos. I know a few myself. I also know that there are people on welfare with tattoos, people who beat their children who have tattoos, people who steal who have tattoos etc. etc. There are also people WITHOUT tattoos that do the same thing.

I also know pilots, lawyers, CEOs, CFOs, business owners, a physicist, 3 doctors, multiple nurses, 2 phlebotomists and multiple other people who are excellent, smart, adventurous, and intelligent who have tattoos.

You can't just pick the worst possible specimen and then paint EVERYONE in the same light.

I mean, I guess I could assume that EVERY Christian is identical to the folks in Westboro Baptist Church, or I could assume that every guy with baggy pants is going to rob and beat me, or that every frat boy wants nothing more than to slip me roofies and rape me. I just don't get your line of thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty