Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:01 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,951 times

Advertisements

I was talking with some friends and they said they hate to see women with an incomplete 'face' meaning they have on make up but it's not completed and they might as well not put on any make up at all. They said you are suppose to at least have on:

foundation/power
eyeshadow
blush
mascara
eyeliner
eyebrows shaped
Lipgloss/Lipstick

you can add more like concealer, bronzer, etc. if needed but you at least need to be wearing the basics or you might as well not wear any make up at all.

Do you agree?

Old 05-18-2010, 07:11 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Different women can get away with varying amounts of make up,the trick is to know how much to put on or not put on.

Some Arab Chicks Need To Put Down The Makeup And Walk Away « Bloggin’ Banat

Old 05-18-2010, 07:17 AM

378 posts, read 1,063,513 times
NONE at all. I don't see how anyone can stand to wear that yuck on their face. UGH!. Not to mention the waste of time to put it on. Wore it a few times as a teen and could not stand it.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I was talking with some friends and they said they hate to see women with an incomplete 'face' meaning they have on make up but it's not completed and they might as well not put on any make up at all. They said you are suppose to at least have on:

foundation/power
eyeshadow
blush
mascara
eyeliner
eyebrows shaped
Lipgloss/Lipstick

you can add more like concealer, bronzer, etc. if needed but you at least need to be wearing the basics or you might as well not wear any make up at all.

Do you agree?
Your friends need a hobby. Why in the world would I fault someone for not putting a bunch of pasty gunk on their faces? Some people have sensitive skin. Some people can't afford good cosmetics, or they don't have the time or desire to use them.

I will wear foundation, concealer and powder (it's all the same stuff - Bare Minerals), and I usually wear mascara and lip gloss. Eyeshadow, rarely. Eyeliner and blush, maybe. I do pluck my eyebrows every day, and I've started to use eyebrow pencil.

I use the makeup that I do because it looks very light and natural. It looks like MY face, only better. I can make up my face in less than five minutes. If I don't look "finished" or "complete," well ... whatever.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:36 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,874,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post

foundation/power
eyeshadow
blush
mascara
eyeliner
eyebrows shaped
Lipgloss/Lipstick

Do you agree?
No, I don't agree at all and I think your friends need to find more constructive things to dwell.

Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
No, I don't think it needs to be an "all" or "nothing" approach. I think many people do look better with some make-up on. That said, however, I usually prefer to see it done with a "pretty light hand." That's just my personal preference. Don't use more than you personally "need" to look nice is kinda my philosophy. I also don't like to see a heavily made up face. I think in the case of cosmetics, "less truly is usually more" on most women. Some cosmetics also just don't look good on all faces. For example, I wear mascara, but I think I look better without eyeliner or eyeshadow. I have worn them in the past but I don't like that look today.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:31 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,975,951 times
Their 'faces' are really pretty and it's not over done but I personally don't think you HAVE to wear all the components however I do see their point. I wear foundation, mascara, eyeliner, lipgloss/stick, and shape my eyebrows and that's it but I'm going to buy some blush to complete the 'look' and since I wear eyeliner and mascara I can do without the eyeshadow.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:36 AM

3,169 posts, read 5,163,942 times
I wear:

Mascara
Eyeliner
Bath & Body Works lip "chap"
I shape my own brows weekly. I also do weekly facials, Olay Regenerist microdermabrasion, and I wear the Regenerist line of moisturizers.

It's slam silly to think someone needs a full face of makeup. What if your skin is naturally (or with a little help, lol) clear and smooth? You buy expensive makeup and wear it why???

Old 05-18-2010, 08:40 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,399,244 times
To each their own. There are some women who can get away or only want to wear very little to no makeup. Others look great or feel better in full makeup. Whatever floats their boat.

I feel better about myself when I have a "full-face". I need all the help I can get!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:49 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Did you all see The Blind Side? Sandra Bullock's character, Leigh Anne Tuohy, wears a lot of makeup and has what I call "expensive hair." That's a very common look around here, because part of my town has some very pricey homes. The women are professional wives, and they do look nice. I just can't put that much makeup on my face. I would feel it on me and touch it and mess it all up.

http://image3.examiner.com/images/bl...dy_Bullock.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.