Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 07:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewizard16 View Post
I'm sure this varies from person to person, but there isn't anywhere in NWA that I'd be concerned driving through, but there are plenty of places I probably wouldn't choose to live. There are lots of places in Springdale and some in Rogers and Fayetteville I've seen that I wouldn't want to live in due to the overall run-down nature of little pockets here and there, but no where I'd consider actually dangerous. I can't say the same for my more recent hometown Little Rock, but it's a different area.
I agree with you completely wizard.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:30 PM

529 posts, read 1,651,187 times
The west side of Springdale is very nice. Harber Meadows is one of (if not the) nicest neighborhoods in NWA and it's in west Springdale. Springdale is a lot like Rogers in that they have somewhat abandoned the east downtown area and have concentrated their growth on the west side. Arvest Ballpark's location cracks me up (it's in a cow pasture with nothing else around) but the city is planning on growing that direction.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM

158 posts, read 434,232 times
Would anyone describe the commute from Fayetteville to Bentonville or Rogers as horrible?

Old 06-23-2011, 05:06 PM

529 posts, read 1,651,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesearch View Post
Would anyone describe the commute from Fayetteville to Bentonville or Rogers as horrible?
It's bad for an area as small as this but if you've lived in a larger city it's no big deal. The problem here is the drivers are slow and unattentive and that 540 was never designed to handle the amount of traffic on it. The "left lane is for passing" idea doesn't exist here. People will just sit in the left lane going 60 forcing people to pass on the right. I've never lived somewhere where so many people refuse to move to the right and let faster drivers by.

Anyways, I commute from Fayetteville to Rogers everyday and average a 25 minute drive. The problem is that if there is an accident (which is about 3 days a week on average) your commute time can double. The trick is to get a flexible work schedule that doesn't put you on 540 at peak times. Problem is that most people don't have that luxury.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Are there "back roads" from Fayetteville to Bentonville? How long do you think it would take going a back way if possible?

Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Are there "back roads" from Fayetteville to Bentonville? How long do you think it would take going a back way if possible?
Yes, there are back ways, but they're not necessarily better. As far as I know, the back ways are all two lanes, tend to be curvy (so passing opportunities are rare), and you inevitably end up behind a farm truck or someone who's simply not in a hurry. As someone who's lived in NW Arkansas forever, I take 540. When it's log-jammed, I get off at the next exit and take a back road as a shortcut. And many of the back roads have been extended, so that it's very possible to stay on back roads all the way Fayetteville to Rogers and Bentonville, but you're still better off on 540 even going 60 mph instead of 70 mph. The speed limits and stop signs are going to delay you. It is prettier, though, on a lot of those back roads, even though 540 is by no means an eyesore as interstates go.

Old 06-24-2011, 10:02 AM

119 posts, read 346,233 times
Quote:

71 is the most direct alternative route, but it's not a limited-access road like 540, there are many stoplights, low speed limits, and it can be congested during business hours.

112 is another option, it's a curvy two lane road. Low speed limits.

540's best so long as there's no wrecks or road work.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 PM

Okay so would you guys rule out living in Fayetteville because of the commute?

Old 06-24-2011, 02:08 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Okay so would you guys rule out living in Fayetteville because of the commute?
No. It's roughly a 25-40 minute commute, though it depends on where your residence is and where your workplace is. There will be accidents on 540 that will slow your commute down, but since 540 was built, over a decade ago, I've only been seriously delayed once. And for many other metros, cars coming to a standstill are not nearly so rare.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 PM

Okay. Thanks I will relay that back to my Dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers