Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 04:54 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times

Advertisements

I was looking at NWA as a possible place to move to and reading many posts, so when I came across this particular video this afternoon, I wanted to share it with others considering a move to your area. NW Arkansas looks like a very beautiful place to live! I saw some other videos of NWA that I will post later, but I thought I'd ask the 'locals' if this seems to be a good representation of NWA?

Please feel free to comment and post any videos you might have or have come across that showcase NWA !

TIA !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afe7yaBRzRU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 07:25 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,273,106 times
Here's another video that the state Tourism department is promoting hard in Branson - there's a lot of scenes of places other than NWA, but there's a few in this one that aren't in the one you posted. The guy singing is a high school debate teacher in Fayetteville.

I don't live in NWA but am there fairly regularly - and yes, it is a very, very beautiful area!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlaUrbv1w_Y

Old 06-28-2014, 08:59 PM
HDL HDL started this thread

3,216 posts, read 6,788,057 times
Thumbs up That video was even better than mine

I really enjoyed that video and the guy singing was very good ! Thanks for sharing Sam I Am ! I've never been to AR or considered the state, but now it's on my radar !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Here's another video that the state Tourism department is promoting hard in Branson - there's a lot of scenes of places other than NWA, but there's a few in this one that aren't in the one you posted. The guy singing is a high school debate teacher in Fayetteville.

I don't live in NWA but am there fairly regularly - and yes, it is a very, very beautiful area!

Old 06-28-2014, 09:40 PM

733 posts, read 1,756,528 times
The Nature is top notch! When I decided to move here, it wasn't even a consideration at first. I was living in Kansas looking for a good place to take a Fall drive. I had been to Branson several times and knew about the Ozarks, so I started doing searches about it. Somewhere along the line, I started searching towns and other tourism activities I could enjoy on my weekend Fall vacation. After seeing about everything NWA had to offer, not only the nature, but the art and cities that still had a small town feel, yet had everything that you could really need, I instantly thought about moving. I was living with my sister at the time which wasn't bad, but I wasn't happy at my job. Enjoyed the company, but not the job, so when I made my vacation down here, I looked into more than just the scenery thinking there wasn't a better time to move. Had to start saving money though since I never planned on moving and five months later...I was living in NWA! If you read all that, thanks, because that means I didn't waste my time. Kinda the same situation you are in. I had always considering moving to a different place in Kansas, but never out of state. Figure here, it's completely different than Kansas, but still close enough to visit family.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:25 PM

120 posts, read 215,547 times
Ahh! Thank you so much! We are probably relocating there from California in a few weeks, and I'm even more excited! Something I can share with my family, maybe they will "get" why I fell in love with NWA when I visited last month!! Thank you!

Old 06-30-2014, 04:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I was looking at NWA as a possible place to move to and reading many posts, so when I came across this particular video this afternoon, I wanted to share it with others considering a move to your area. NW Arkansas looks like a very beautiful place to live! I saw some other videos of NWA that I will post later, but I thought I'd ask the 'locals' if this seems to be a good representation of NWA?

Please feel free to comment and post any videos you might have or have come across that showcase NWA !

TIA !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afe7yaBRzRU
thanks for sharing and the neat thing: it isn't an old video. Yes, it is a great and very pretty place to live. The one thing missing is a major league sports team, but if we had one, that would mean we had a much larger population and many of us are not quite ready for that. Like others of you, the thought of moving to AR never entered our minds. It is a long story how we got here, but except for the chriggers eating hubby up we have never regretted our decision.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
thanks for sharing and the neat thing: it isn't an old video. Yes, it is a great and very pretty place to live. The one thing missing is a major league sports team, but if we had one, that would mean we had a much larger population and many of us are not quite ready for that. Like others of you, the thought of moving to AR never entered our minds. It is a long story how we got here, but except for the chriggers eating hubby up we have never regretted our decision.
We don't exactly need a professional sports team, but another minor league team wouldn't hurt. We've got the Naturals, but I think a minor league hockey team would be a great addition.

Old 07-01-2014, 07:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkern1989 View Post
We don't exactly need a professional sports team, but another minor league team wouldn't hurt. We've got the Naturals, but I think a minor league hockey team would be a great addition.
Oh, I know we don't need one, really. I am just such a huge football and baseball fan, I can dream. It won't happen in my lifetime; that is ok, we have so much to offer and any city big enough for major league teams is also too big to offer what we have here. Now, how do we control the chiggers?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:26 AM

194 posts, read 262,354 times
I can't wait to get there!

Old 07-01-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh, I know we don't need one, really. I am just such a huge football and baseball fan, I can dream. It won't happen in my lifetime; that is ok, we have so much to offer and any city big enough for major league teams is also too big to offer what we have here. Now, how do we control the chiggers?
Chiggers AND ticks! Thankfully, ticks here don't carry Lyme Disease just yet, but they still carry some diseases and are a pain in the butt to find and remove from the body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers