Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 01:27 AM

3,106 posts, read 3,987,651 times

Advertisements

I'm confused. I thought the coldest time was dec-jan?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2014, 04:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWG223 View Post
I'm confused. I thought the coldest time was dec-jan?
Actually our experience has been the coldest time is late Dec to mid Feb with late Jan being the coldest. This is our 7th winter here and we have had a couple with almost no snow. I have a gut feeling we might have another mild one, but let's wait and see what happens about a month from now.

Actually since my knee surgery has been postponed for a month or so, I hope the weather stays this way until at least late January.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:45 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,246,104 times
Yelp usually is pretty reliable for me when I'm looking for something to eat.

I prefer firehouse subs over which which only becuase which which is a bit pricy. they score points for the online ordering and fast pickup but the subs were a bit on the small side.

for the NYers, jason's deli in fayetteville and McCalister's in bentonville have pretty good sandwhiches.

for OP. I'm sure it's an exciting time for you planning the move and anticipating your new life here. I remember my time in your shoes 2 years ago.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post

I prefer firehouse subs over which which only becuase which which is a bit pricy. they score points for the online ordering and fast pickup but the subs were a bit on the small side.

for the NYers, jason's deli in fayetteville and McCalister's in bentonville have pretty good sandwhiches.

for OP. I'm sure it's an exciting time for you planning the move and anticipating your new life here. I remember my time in your shoes 2 years ago.
Definitely. I live in a total dump, and can't wait to get out. It's not just like I'm relocating, it's like I'm getting out of prison.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Shreveport-Louisiana.html

Old 12-10-2014, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger256 View Post

I had forgotten about Jason's. For a chain, they are the best there is. The ones we have visited had great salad bars as well. I only wish they were a little closer to BV. I guess Firehouse is a chain as well, but not on the grand scale as Jason's. We like McCallister's (only stopped there a couple of times) our kids think it is awful: as I have said food is so subjective isn't it?

Old 12-10-2014, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I had forgotten about Jason's. For a chain, they are the best there is. The ones we have visited had great salad bars as well. I only wish they were a little closer to BV. I guess Firehouse is a chain as well, but not on the grand scale as Jason's. We like McCallister's (only stopped there a couple of times) our kids think it is awful: as I have said food is so subjective isn't it?
We have Firehouse subs here, too. They are a pretty big chain.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
We have Firehouse subs here, too. They are a pretty big chain.
Being we have mainly spent a lot of time in the west, and mid west, as well as Texas in the past 20 years we didn't realize how large a chain Firehouse is. They are mainly in the south and the east. I guess that is how we missed them.

Old 12-11-2014, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Being we have mainly spent a lot of time in the west, and mid west, as well as Texas in the past 20 years we didn't realize how large a chain Firehouse is. They are mainly in the south and the east. I guess that is how we missed them.
Yeah, I prefer 1-off restaurants. Especially in a place like NWA where local markets are fully capable of supplying well-rounded menus.

That said, Subway is always a cheap and easy stand-by. Same for FIREHouse, which I actually prefer over Subway.

Also, if you go to Whataburger, and order the burger on a wheat bun "with no bun oil", you will get a decently healthy burger. It's the massive white bun and the butter and oil that are the majority of the junk on most hamburgers. The meat pattie isn't the greatest of course, but it's not that much of a calorie hit. When I worked for Chili's, if you ordered one of our burgers like I detailed above, you could cut it from a 1000+ calorie burger to around 650-725. That's where I learned that little trick.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:32 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,809,077 times
Quote:
Definitely. I live in a total dump, and can't wait to get out. It's not just like I'm relocating, it's like I'm getting out of prison.

https://www.city-data.com/city/Shreveport-Louisiana.html
Well, when you get here-- if you need a place for a couple of weeks or whatever until you get grounded, let me know. I work quite a bit so I'm in and out all the time. Weekdays and weekends. I understand you have friends here, but if you crowd them out or whatever, you have another option.

Old 12-15-2014, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreenflute334 View Post
Well, when you get here-- if you need a place for a couple of weeks or whatever until you get grounded, let me know. I work quite a bit so I'm in and out all the time. Weekdays and weekends. I understand you have friends here, but if you crowd them out or whatever, you have another option.
Thank-you, and will do! I do not know the legalities of me living with someone, though, as I do own controlled items per the BATFE. It would be legally awkward on a technical note. That has been why I have forgone roommates, or rather, one of the reasons, currently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers