Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2009, 01:56 PM

1 posts, read 5,139 times

Advertisements

Been here couple of years... done Devil's Den... any other suggestions for good outdoor places, parks to visit? I also heard there was a good chicken restaurant out by Horshebend State Park.. and a nice restaurant overlooking Beaver Lake? We are soooo bored and looking for things do to around here. Have 2 kids... like to hike, water activities... nice scenary.. quaint downtowns.. advice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 04:47 PM

529 posts, read 1,650,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddk123 View Post
Been here couple of years... done Devil's Den... any other suggestions for good outdoor places, parks to visit? I also heard there was a good chicken restaurant out by Horshebend State Park.. and a nice restaurant overlooking Beaver Lake? We are soooo bored and looking for things do to around here. Have 2 kids... like to hike, water activities... nice scenary.. quaint downtowns.. advice?
Monte Ne is the chicken restaurant you've heard about. I'm not a big fried chicken fan but everyone loves it. While you're there you can drive down to the lake and see the old hotel remains and if the lake is ever low enough you can see the old ampitheater. I think the restaurant you're thinking of on Beaver Lake is at Rocky Branch. I've been to Rocky Branch but never to the restaurant.

As far as other things to do here is a list of things off the top of my head within a couple hours drive.

Eureka Springs
Lake Leatherhead
Van Buren
Lost Valley
Winthrow Springs
Wilhelmina State Park
Petit Jean State Park
War Eagle
Hobbs State Park
Lake Wedington
Buffalo River
Elk River
White River
Illinois River
Mulberry River
Mount Magazine
Pea Ridge Battelfield
Prairie Grove Battlefield
Gentry Wilderness Safari

Old 07-19-2009, 04:16 PM

1,279 posts, read 4,769,957 times
Have you tried geocaching? It's a fun activity where you basically hunt trasure with a GPS, and great for kids, plus it brings you to some beautiful spots.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:44 PM

3 posts, read 4,134 times
A good resource for finding outdoor activities is Home - Northwest Arkansas Basecamp

Old 03-18-2015, 09:28 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,245,614 times
regarding monte ne - check the review on Yelp.

I enjoyed the simple food and fixed menu but you have to know what you are getting into. you can't beat all you can eat but Popeyes tastes just as good if you don't want to deal with the lines.

Down the road from monte ne is a campground and my wife worked a triathalon that was held there last year. We plan on checking that place out this year.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:13 AM

44 posts, read 74,052 times
If you guys are bored, You should try some other activities like cycling, floats, fishing, camping, kayaking/canoeing & cavern tours. Go rent a boat on Beaver Lake & find a cove to have lunch & swim in. Wild Winderness Safari is different every season & worth repeat trips. Weekend trips are great because there isn't any traffic so Tulsa, Hot Springs & St Louis really aren't a bad drive. They have tons of stuff to do at those places too

Old 03-20-2015, 09:03 AM

44 posts, read 74,052 times
And horseback riding in Eureka Springs fun stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers