Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 07:12 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times

Advertisements

I managed to get my wife interested to visit. I'm an engineer where function and value and convenience reign. I would like a nice hotel or inn to stay with my wife. Dates not set can avoid weekends especially football weekends. I am open to any city in NWA and lean toward Fayetteville this trip. Any thoughts? I've searched online and not seeing something I'd like for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2017, 09:15 PM

231 posts, read 381,576 times
... You said function, value, and convenience but not sure what that means to you.

To me, this means not having to drive much, not staying and eating in the most expensive places but not really worry about money either, and having exercise and/or work included in some fashion of the trip (maybe this is your chance to look around for a place to buy; we don't know). If that is close to what you want then you are going to look at the downtown areas of Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Rogers.

Not sure about hotels in downtown rogers but they do have some cute stores, restaurants, the little theater, and a few parks within short distance.

Bentonville has several places to stay in/near downtown with some very active eateries, bars, and shops. Have the Crystal Bridges Museum, 5 and dime, Amazeum, and other attractions within walking distance.

Fayetteville is the largest so it is understandable why you would lean that way. Good parks near downtown and a large selection of hotels, shops, bars, and restaurants.

Really couldn't go wrong with those 3 areas but we do need a bit more clarity on what you like to help you out.

Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 PM

4 posts, read 2,618 times
Have you looked at bed and breakfast places, something unique and beautiful? I haven't any to recommend in this state, I'm new here, but those are my personal preference over any hotel.

The Inn at Bella Vista looks beautiful. or this site has a few: https://www.bbonline.com/united-stat.../fayetteville/

Old 08-14-2017, 05:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLady1959 View Post
Have you looked at bed and breakfast places, something unique and beautiful? I haven't any to recommend in this state, I'm new here, but those are my personal preference over any hotel.

The Inn at Bella Vista looks beautiful. or this site has a few: https://www.bbonline.com/united-stat.../fayetteville/
It is beautiful but the location isn't all that great for someone who really wants to see the NW corner of AR and do it in a short time. I would think the best place to find something nice would be Bentonville square. It is so typical of NWA and situated so it isn't far from any of the other towns in the region. Yes, ok, you are wise to stay away during the weekends now that school is starting and football season is a few weeks away. Even when there are no games being played Fayetteville can be pretty busy on weekends.

Old 08-14-2017, 06:41 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,413,575 times
Thanks a nice inn or B&B would suit us ideally. Money isn't an issue if it's charming and upscale. The place in BV sounds on the money except for the location. My wife is a city girl more than a small town girl and lived the old classic Inns we stayed in New England when we lived up that way and did the fall tour thing yearly.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:22 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
I think the Inn at Carnall Hall would be ideal for you on this trip. It's in Fayetteville where you said you want to focus your explorations. It's an inn with a bed and breakfast feel.

Inn at Carnall Hall

Old 08-14-2017, 07:35 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,632 times
Check Airbnb for some nice options around downtown Bentonville. I'm sure there are some nice places in other parts of NWA but never focused there.

Old 08-14-2017, 09:47 AM

10 posts, read 11,374 times
Also consider Chancellor Hotel in downtown Fayetteville. You can walk to dining, hotel is modern and comfortable. Carnall Hill at the University of Arkansas campus is an old women's dorm converted into a hotel. Very charming and classic bit I thought my room smelled a little old and funky . We also stayed at the Courtyard by Mariott in Fayetteville, new, shiny, comfortable but always full for some reason. Courtyard is right by the mall, a 15 minute drive to downtown Fayetteville.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:28 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times
Check VRBO.com for vacations rentals by owner. They are usually less expensive and cleaner than motels/hotels, in my experience.

Here you go, I searched Fayetteville for you and sorted them by "Distance from Downtown":

https://www.vrbo.com/results?swLat=3...&sleeps=7-plus

Hope the link works, sometimes it won't keep a search when you copy and paste.

Old 08-14-2017, 11:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
We used VR when we were hunting and when we first moved here. It is a great way to spend a few days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers