Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 11:06 PM

38 posts, read 35,149 times

Advertisements

Hey guys and gals,

I've heard a lot of good things about this area and booked a flight out here for the upcoming weekend to see what the area has to offer. I'm wondering if you have any pointers or recommendations for things to see and do while I am out here to get the full experience. I've bought a ticket and am going to the Auburn - Arkansas football game Saturday. Im staying near Fossil Cove Brewery. I fly in late Thursday and out early Monday.

I posted here 6 weeks back - https://www.city-data.com/forum/fayet...if-nwa-me.html

Thanks!

Last edited by piranha89; 10-16-2019 at 12:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 07:58 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
It's crafts fair weekend, so there should be a lot of traffic. This would be my plan of action. Get up Friday morning, and go to Rick's Bakery for breakfast. Then head over to Wilson Park to take a walk, work breakfast off, and get some fresh air. You might want to check out Razorback stadium and figure out where you will want to park for the game, and check out the Fayetteville square, and just in general explore Northwest Arkansas. I don't know what you are interested in, but you could rent a bike and ride the Razorback Greenway that goes from Fayetteville to Bentonville, or you could visit a couple of Civil War battlefields (Prairie Grove and Pea Ridge). I would suggest taking a drive to see the War Eagle Mill, but this weekend there are two massive craft fairs there, and the traffic will be horrible. Beaver Lake will be beautiful this weekend, with trees starting to show their fall color, and the recent rains have creeks running. Crystal Bridges is always worth a visit, and on Friday it shouldn't be overcrowded. They have a new exhibit, a mirror room, that is cool, and the Frank Lloyd Wright house is there, and the trails. It's free, as well. And after visiting the museum, you could have lunch there, or explore the Bentonville square, where there's a restaurant to suit every person's tastes. Friday night I would visit George's Majestic Lounge for live music, or just explore Dickson St in general. I'm not sure what the Waltons Art Center has going on, but it's right there off Dickson and usually has something happening. Saturday, of course, you're going to be headed to the game in the morning. And after the game, you may want to join the fans in drowning their sorrows. Or you could check out the house where Bill and Hillary Clinton lived when they first got married. Or play a round of golf on one of the public courses. Or check out some of the smaller communities, like Prairie Grove (lots of flea markets and antique stores). Sunday would be a nice day to head up to Eureka Springs. It's a quaint town with lots of Victorian houses, very touristy. Anyway, whatever you end up doing, I hope you have lots of fun.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:08 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,190,073 times
Devils Den is a nice hike. Not peak foliage yet but probably still really pretty.

Old 10-24-2019, 10:45 AM

Did you get out early Monday? The storm damage on the way to the airport must have been awful.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Did you get out early Monday? The storm damage on the way to the airport must have been awful.
DC
We were lucky, we flew in Sunday and landed about 5pm. By the time the storm hit anywhere in NWA we were home and in bed as we were tired from a long trip. Well, not that long but still even cruising can be tiring. Thank goodness we didn't take a later flight which was our plans originally.

Old 10-24-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
DC
We were lucky, we flew in Sunday and landed about 5pm. By the time the storm hit anywhere in NWA we were home and in bed as we were tired from a long trip. Well, not that long but still even cruising can be tiring. Thank goodness we didn't take a later flight which was our plans originally.
I'm so glad you made it in safely. That storm was much worse than expected. And I understand the road you must have traveled on getting home was closed Monday morning because of the storm damage. (Also, that sinkhole out by Tanyard Creek this week was crazy.) Piranha would have been taking the road from Fayetteville to the airport, but he would have had to cross the path of the storm damage. So I do hope he got out safely.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.

Old 10-24-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
I'm so glad you made it in safely. That storm was much worse than expected. And I understand the road you must have traveled on getting home was closed Monday morning because of the storm damage. (Also, that sinkhole out by Tanyard Creek this week was crazy.) Piranha would have been taking the road from Fayetteville to the airport, but he would have had to cross the path of the storm damage. So I do hope he got out safely.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise.
We did and figure we probably will not be doing a lot more traveling due to age, mobility issues and the purse isn't over flowing. I am so glad we got away, after all the rain this year, the outage we had for 3 days here a month plus ago and just now lost it fora couple of hours. Life does go on and all is good in the end

Old 10-29-2019, 11:54 PM

38 posts, read 35,149 times
Quote:
My flight was for 6:36 AM back to SF and it was a nightmare. Road blockages, my cab ride was 1 hr 20 min instead of the 25 minutes. Had to drive all the way up to Bentonville and back south to the airport. Luckily, there was no power at the airport so our flight was delayed 3 hours. Otherwise, I would have missed my flight.

Old 10-30-2019, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranha89 View Post
My flight was for 6:36 AM back to SF and it was a nightmare. Road blockages, my cab ride was 1 hr 20 min instead of the 25 minutes. Had to drive all the way up to Bentonville and back south to the airport. Luckily, there was no power at the airport so our flight was delayed 3 hours. Otherwise, I would have missed my flight.
What a way to learn about an area. We don't have those storms often but obviously you witnessed one I know more people who had similar problems all over this area and into the upper mid west. A friend of ours flying out of Chicago ended up being diverted to Denver and then after getting on the plane they had to get off and wait about 3 hours as the winds were too strong for flying.

I am so glad you,got home safe. Hope otherwise you enjoyed your short time in the area

Old 10-30-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piranha89 View Post
Thank goodness you made it out safely. And after having to witness that horrible football game. I hope the beautiful weather and other activities made up for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers