Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 08:36 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,492,443 times

Advertisements

As a medical worker, I must say, it is so nice when people share good reports of how they and their loved ones were treated by medical providers. Kudos to ya, biscuitmom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 02:23 PM

28 posts, read 25,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
The "better" for us is about how stellarly medical providers here coordinate & handle referrals & insurance.
Back in DFW we were left to handle that stuff on our own, it was 'buyer beware', it's up to you. Here, the folks at Washington Regional went to bat for our son & worked tirelessly to ensure not only that he rec'd best care but that payment for said care was coordinated seamlessly.

Also kudos to the trauma surgeon & team who handled our son's accident on a late monday night - Washington Regional is a level 2 trauma center. Kudos too, to the remarkable hand surgeon who stepped in a few days later & we found out is renowned. (fwiw, a year later our son, sans one leg and 2 partially amputated hands is today living his best, independent life).
I'm so glad your son is doing OK, despite the obvious adjustments he has had to make.

And Paris! My childhood friend had a "boyfriend" when we were probably 14 who lived there

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
As a medical worker, I must say, it is so nice when people share good reports of how they and their loved ones were treated by medical providers. Kudos to ya, biscuitmom!
Yes! This!! What type of medical work do you do, if I may ask? I'm a physical therapist, but no longer clinically practice.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:39 PM

Yes! This!! What type of medical work do you do, if I may ask? I'm a physical therapist, but no longer clinically practice.

Hi, CrazyCatCoupleSD! I'm a RPSGT (Registered Polysomnographic Technician), or, a Sleep Tech. I've been at it for 7 1/2 years now. My sister in Washington state is a Physical Therapist, also.

Yeah, people complain about medical workers, doctors, tech.'s so much. I love to hear the good reports about us!! Most all of us care about people and want to treat people right. Most all of us also care about doing things right technically, too. Remember, though, that's why they say it's practicing medicine. It's continuously a work in progress.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:

Hi, CrazyCatCoupleSD! I'm a RPSGT (Registered Polysomnographic Technician), or, a Sleep Tech. I've been at it for 7 1/2 years now. My sister in Washington state is a Physical Therapist, also.

Yeah, people complain about medical workers, doctors, tech.'s so much. I love to hear the good reports about us!! Most all of us care about people and want to treat people right. Most all of us also care about doing things right technically, too. Remember, though, that's why they say it's practicing medicine. It's continuously a work in progress.
That is so cool!! Sleep tech sounds like a really fun and gratifying role. And yep, totally agree that hearing good news in the healthcare world is always refreshing! One of the reasons I'm inclined to leave San Diego is that many folks in healthcare in this region is SO BURNED OUT. It makes it hard to prevent medical errors and deliver good care when you're stretched thin every moment of every day. I'm glad I'm no longer clinically treating, but I feel for people in this region who do. They're doing their best, but that's often not enough for the demands. Very tough situation for all involved.

Old 09-03-2020, 02:55 PM

As we've been researching, we're really loving the Mt. Sequoyah area. Do you happen to have any insights? We are a little worried the streets might be busy b/c of traffic getting to/from the cross lookout, but we LOVE the woodsy feel/proximity to town.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-03-2020, 03:19 PM

That is so cool!! Sleep tech sounds like a really fun and gratifying role. And yep, totally agree that hearing good news in the healthcare world is always refreshing! One of the reasons I'm inclined to leave San Diego is that many folks in healthcare in this region is SO BURNED OUT. It makes it hard to prevent medical errors and deliver good care when you're stretched thin every moment of every day. I'm glad I'm no longer clinically treating, but I feel for people in this region who do. They're doing their best, but that's often not enough for the demands. Very tough situation for all involved.

Yes, burnout is a real problem. I work three nights and then get 4 days off, so I'm a happy camper. There's always unhappy people everywhere, but I refuse to live as an unhappy person. There's too much to be happy about in this world!

Old 09-03-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Yes, burnout is a real problem. I work three nights and then get 4 days off, so I'm a happy camper. There's always unhappy people everywhere, but I refuse to live as an unhappy person. There's too much to be happy about in this world!

YESSSSS! Totally agree! That schedule sounds soooo good, too

Old 09-04-2020, 08:49 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,529,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatCoupleSD View Post
As we've been researching, we're really loving the Mt. Sequoyah area. Do you happen to have any insights? We are a little worried the streets might be busy b/c of traffic getting to/from the cross lookout, but we LOVE the woodsy feel/proximity to town.

Thanks in advance!
We live on one of the only 2 roads up to Mt Sequoyah. Being retired, we sit on our front porch all hours of the day & night. Traffic is not a problem.

Old 09-06-2020, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
We live on one of the only 2 roads up to Mt Sequoyah. Being retired, we sit on our front porch all hours of the day & night. Traffic is not a problem.
Thank you for letting me know! That's a beautiful area! Do you know if homes go up for sale in that area very often? Because of our three aging kitties, we are thinking we might take a chance and just wait for a place to go on sale and move vs. renting first. We don't want to have to move them twice if we can avoid it.

I know it's a little nuts to take this approach, but we've been doing tons of research on the different neighborhoods, and have identified Mt. Sequoyah as one of the most appealing to us. We've seen a few homes go on the market, but would prefer to move after the pandemic for safety reasons, and we're not sure if waiting is a good or bad move in terms of homes going on the market.

Old 09-07-2020, 05:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCatCoupleSD View Post
Thank you for letting me know! That's a beautiful area! Do you know if homes go up for sale in that area very often? Because of our three aging kitties, we are thinking we might take a chance and just wait for a place to go on sale and move vs. renting first. We don't want to have to move them twice if we can avoid it.

I know it's a little nuts to take this approach, but we've been doing tons of research on the different neighborhoods, and have identified Mt. Sequoyah as one of the most appealing to us. We've seen a few homes go on the market, but would prefer to move after the pandemic for safety reasons, and we're not sure if waiting is a good or bad move in terms of homes going on the market.
About your 4 legged kids: It doesn't sound crazy to me at all. We are facing the same issue right now: WE have a very old doggy and hate to move her twice; we are not even sure we want to move her at all. Considering our mobility issues and age we know we need to prepare for down sizing but our little girl is a very special part of our life
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers